Should I stick with Nuvo 40 gallon or save up and go straight for Nuvo SR 80 gallon?

ggwp1111

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So right now I have a successful 20g that has been running for 8 months now. I wanted to upgrade to a bigger tank bc I want more fishes and possibly a blue tang or small tangs like Tomini. I got a good deal on a used Nuvo 40g last week. Haven't said it up yet. I was planning to do 50% water change from 20g to 40g but then I realized I can't keep tang in such small tank. So eventually I'd need to upgrade it to the SR 80g in the next few months. So I'm debating if I should just sell the 40g and make some profit to put it toward the SR80, would take me about 2 months to save enough money for the SR80. But that would mean, I would be doing 75% water change moving the current 20g to 80g. Is that possible or would I be better off just started the 80g from scratch and let it cycle through? That would mean more wait time.

Thunderstruck34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So right now I have a successful 20g that has been running for 8 months now. I wanted to upgrade to a bigger tank bc I want more fishes and possibly a blue tang or small tangs like Tomini. I got a good deal on a used Nuvo 40g last week. Haven't said it up yet. I was planning to do 50% water change from 20g to 40g but then I realized I can't keep tang in such small tank. So eventually I'd need to upgrade it to the SR 80g in the next few months. So I'm debating if I should just sell the 40g and make some profit to put it toward the SR80, would take me about 2 months to save enough money for the SR80. But that would mean, I would be doing 75% water change moving the current 20g to 80g. Is that possible or would I be better off just started the 80g from scratch and let it cycle through? That would mean more wait time.

Save up and map out an action play for the SR80. You could get a head start on aquascaping designs etc. while you wait for the SR80 too!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 49 86.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.3%
Back