Should I treat this?

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank has been running for almost 6 months (turning 6 months tomorrow) and I feel like I’m on the tail end of the ugly phase. I had diatoms for a week or so that turned into a mix of diatoms and brown cyano everywhere, then mainly just staying on the sand for a few months and now it has turned into something that looks more like typical cyano (just on sandbed). Is this cyano and should I treat it or just get another dose of patience?
A72F90F1-BD5E-4592-AEB0-30465A2BD841.jpeg

Turkey head

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in a similar situation. 8 months in and I have that same looking stuff. Mine is mostly on the bottom now but the “hairy” stuff gets on the rocks and sometimes corals. It doesn’t appear to be hair algae though because it is easily blown off rocks unlike hair algae. My thoughts are to get the right balance of creatures to keep the water parameters balanced and stable. Hopefully someone else can give some wisdom

Oldsman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More cuc will help. Your flow looks decent from your other post about Xenia, usually thats recommended to help. I avoided all chemical products to treat mine during the ugliest stages .

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More cuc will help. Your flow looks decent from your other post about Xenia, usually thats recommended to help. I avoided all chemical products to treat mine during the ugliest stages .
Yeah I think I’m just going to let it take it’s course. I got 8 Astrea and 4 Trochus snails in my tank so I think I’m good. That’s how much builds up after 3 days

Back