Should I wait?

RedBeardAquaticcs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to reefing and have had my tank cycled with 0 ammonia and 0 nitrite for a week or so. I currently have a clownfish, 4 snails, a torch, a ricordea, a toadstool, and a small group of zoas that have been in the tank when i was cycling so for about two weeks. I ordered 6 more snails and want to get a tailspot blenny as well. Should i wait another week or so after the snails or are they fine to add close together?

zapbap99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i mean you can add it sounds like you got a cycle done or maybe never had it started one of the two, but yea you can add snails and clownfish at same time no biggy, and those corals should be able tank any issues id say but yea i prefer to add stuff 1 at a time till the tank is nice and mature.

OP
OP
RedBeardAquaticcs

RedBeardAquaticcs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i mean you can add it sounds like you got a cycle done or maybe never had it started one of the two, but yea you can add snails and clownfish at same time no biggy, and those corals should be able tank any issues id say but yea i prefer to add stuff 1 at a time till the tank is nice and mature.
I would be adding the snails and the blenny. The clown has been in for two weeks

OP
OP
RedBeardAquaticcs

RedBeardAquaticcs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome thanks. just didnt want to add too much by adding the 6 more snails and the tailspot blenny a day or two apart

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back