Should I?

Jose Berry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, still with in the new parameter of blogger but I need some opinions.

Situation: unfolded 3 days ago when I noticed my blue hippo tang and 1 of my GSP had what looked like ICH (cloudy eyes and white pin size spots). I couldn’t do anything about it then because we were leaving for vacation and we were pressed for time. Upon coming home expecting the worst I got the best. Both showed no signs of it. The hippo eyes had returned back to there color and the puffers spots were gone as were the hippo.

What I need to know: should I put all tank inhabitants in QT and all decorations through a cleaning prossess cleaning out my tank 125g to include changing out media’s out of my canisters. Almost sounding like a Hard restart. Or should I play it by ear. And keep an eye out.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the data I can only suggest you stay absent :)
Jokes aside, I dont know whats the best protocol from here on, but if I have to take a shot, it will be to double down on their feeding (add garlic juice) and see pay close attention to them for next few weeks
#reefsquad

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was ICH it will probably be back in a few days much worse. Do some research here on treatment and the ICH life cycle. If you have a fish only system you can treat in tank with hypersalinity. Ie: reduce the salanity to 1.018.

OP
OP
Jose Berry

Jose Berry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It returned. Took our Dory, although I have a FO tank I still am worried about media and the ornaments hiding it.

Set up the Hospital tank last night and moved two into it. Started treating for ICH as I’m positive that’s what it is due to the research and the way fish act to it.

73BBC4AA-A498-4C93-840B-807EF2D039A9.jpeg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It returned. Took our Dory, although I have a FO tank I still am worried about media and the ornaments hiding it.

Set up the Hospital tank last night and moved two into it. Started treating for ICH as I’m positive that’s what it is due to the research and the way fish act to it.

73BBC4AA-A498-4C93-840B-807EF2D039A9.jpeg
My anxiety is kicking in. Aquariums aren't meant to hold that much weight on top of them. Also in a qt tank to avoid cross contamination you need it away from your display tank. Please move this before it ends in a swimming pool in your home. :confused::confused:

OP
OP
Jose Berry

Jose Berry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m surprised by this in a way. The current 10 gallon only has 8 gallons in it as for cross contamination are you referring to the over splash? That tank is on a completely different system and has a lid to prevent them from jumping out.

As for support of the tank the 125g has had other things on top of it and to no avail faltered.

I have been looking for an alternative location but at the current rate both tanks are fine.

Toofattofish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By only having the weight on one side of the tank you're also putting a lot of rotational stress/torque on that side of the tank which could lead to structural failure at any point.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 33.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back