Should Lymph stop me??

Ibrat82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a juvenile emperor angel that’s been in qt for a month, gone through ttm, 3 rounds of prazi and has shown no signs of any disease except for lymph.

Since there is no cure for this should this stop me from putting him in my DT? Or should I keep him in qt until I see the lymph clear up?

I feel like the qt is what’s stressing him and making the lymph worse. He’s in a 20 gallon qt. Gets fed 3 times a day with mysis and sea veggies.

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re 100% sure it’s lympo then I guess no. Maybe post a pic to get a second opinion.
Is he eating well?
The only concern I can think is if for some reason he gets bullied in your DT, stress could make it worse.

OP
OP
I

Ibrat82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he does get bullied then what should I do? Wait till the lymph is gone?
If you’re 100% sure it’s lympo then I guess no. Maybe post a pic to get a second opinion.
Is he eating well?
The only concern I can think is if for some reason he gets bullied in your DT, stress could make it worse.
S

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t open the pic at work but I’m sure someone can take a look and confirm. You could try an acclimation box to see how your other fish react. What other fish you have? If he does get bullied, you’ll have to remove him or the bully. Good luck!

OP
OP
I

Ibrat82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow tang, also jevenile, par of anthias and clowns. All are juvenile
I can’t open the pic at work but I’m sure someone can take a look and confirm. You could try an acclimation box to see how your other fish react. What other fish you have? If he does get bullied, you’ll have to remove him or the bully. Good luck!

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like should be no problem. IME emperors can stand their ground pretty well and sometimes get aggressive. Hope it heals soon!

OP
OP
I

Ibrat82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it normal
For the lymph to fall off. If you look at the photo you will see one on its Gill and after about 5 days of feeding heavy and nutritious foods that one has fallen off. However the ones on the fins have gotten bigger. Look more like cauliflower.

That sounds like should be no problem. IME emperors can stand their ground pretty well and sometimes get aggressive. Hope it heals soon!

Back