Show Me Pukani and Marco's Aquascape Pictures

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it. good layering and terracing and lots of fish hideouts. Are you putting in sand? If it had been me, I'd have gone taller on the right but that's cause I see all that water and think more corals can go up there. :)

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok reefers tell me what you think (truthfully lol) I really like it

Beautiful tank.

So I personally love it, but more importantly it looks like a great stage for corals. Unlike planted tanks where the rocks remain visible forever, our rockwork should eventually disappear and just be a skeleton to hold corals. I'm learning that, what may look amazing initially, doesn't really support your final vision.

There isn't alot of high variation, but I would solve that by placing interesting coral shapes on your shelf.

OP
OP
Upstartreefer

Upstartreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it. good layering and terracing and lots of fish hideouts. Are you putting in sand? If it had been me, I'd have gone taller on the right but that's cause I see all that water and think more corals can go up there. :)
Thanks. I will be adding about 1 1/2" tropical eden sand shorty I have to wash it first. I agree about the height of the right side I know I will have some anemones and I made it more for them if they stay put;).

vio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Pukani is NOT the best way for display tank.
Tonga branch YES, less Detritus accumulation , a way more flow.......but .......you may need a refuge full of Pukani , great for Bacterial .

OP
OP
Upstartreefer

Upstartreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonga branch YES, less Detritus accumulation , a way more flow.......but .......you may need a refuge full of Pukani , great for Bacterial .
There will be more detritus build up with Marco and pukani than with tonga branch. I just don't like the full open look of the branch.

By the way I look at you tread. Awesome tank.

Iqyax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10BD5E4A-005A-47FA-B299-033A7BD0B146.jpeg
61F4AB04-E76C-4DE0-B1DB-4599FE583A5C.jpeg
Pukani ftw imho

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It also depending on the way we scape. I love Pukani rock. Very light weight and soft so very easy to scape.
I use total 30lbs of rock on my 100 gallons. And with 4 powerhead (2 mp40 in front, 2 jebao on the back) I have absolutely no detritus.
(old picture, I removed all the sand)
DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

No sand look.

DSC_1221.jpg

DSC_3422.jpg

DSC_2059.jpg

vio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There will be more detritus build up with Marco and pukani than with tonga branch. I just don't like the full open look of the branch.

By the way I look at you tread. Awesome tank.

Is true, my personal problem is , i keep make it changes , but i finally make my mind, grow only H.E. SPS i got so far 70 Frags W.D. 7-8 mini colony and 3 H.W. very soon i will frag the H.W. then in few years ( the most 2) my W.D. and H.W. cover most of Tonga branches , lol.

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the top picture of Lakereef. I plan on doing something similar in part of my tank.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back