show me your beautiful anemones

JonCollegeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
34560303_2192035457476722_5739034291321438208_o.jpg
Does your nem have yellow tips? I'm pretty sure I've got the same one and the vendor told me the tips get yellow when it colors up but mine looks like the right portion of your pic. Any tips would be appreciated =]

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And this is one of my favorites well, from years ago, my first real success w/ keeping anemones long term as well as bringing back to health.
Started w/ this bleached out petco rescue of H.Crispa.
I had this crispa and the LTA for 5.5 years.
My crispa went from this;

To this.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say Donis Reef do you mean the lady from Hillsborough NC ?

Yes, she hand picked a nice pair for me in trade for a skimmer many years ago, had these guys from as small as they come, they were my sweetest clown pair ever, I swear they treated my hand like a host anemone!
I lost them in a move after 5.5 years, most heart broken I've ever been over a fish loss...

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She lived and opperated her business about 20 minutes from my home. My haddoni carpet is hers from her personal tank. When she was thnking of closing down, she asked me if I wanted it, she knew I would take great care of it, as she had had it for about 15 years, & I've had it for about ten years now. I used to visit her every couple of months just to see her operation and all the new babies. She ran a great facility. I've wondered lately what she is up to. I'd like to send her a pic if I knew how to get a hold of her.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She lived and opperated her business about 20 minutes from my home. My haddoni carpet is hers from her personal tank. When she was thnking of closing down, she asked me if I wanted it, she knew I would take great care of it, as she had had it for about 15 years, & I've had it for about ten years now. I used to visit her every couple of months just to see her operation and all the new babies. She ran a great facility. I've wondered lately what she is up to. I'd like to send her a pic if I knew how to get a hold of her.

Lucky you, wish I had seen her setup in person.
She's on my FB page, and she loves to hear about her clowns and livestock from people, I'm sure she would be happy to hear from you.
Very cool lady, you should send her a friend request and note.

https://www.facebook.com/doni.marie.5?fref=pb&hc_location=friends_tab

Asagi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had these 2 jokers for about 7 years now. The Orange ocellaris took a beating from the Black when I paired them. Face was pretty messed up, but they must have forgotten about that huh? We get eggs about every month now.
IMG_9807.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back