Show Me Your Control board for your Apex Display!

Bluefish9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread but any chance you could post a link to where you get those nice fittings to allow the wire to pass through the board ???

Home depot has them. Staples too

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my new setup that I will be going with for my Apex control panel! I used my old Coraline 10 gallon stand and custom cut a sheet of plywood so it fit in there perfect. My EB8 power energy bars in the back behind the pcs of plywood. I am not done yet I just need to cut out where my Oval large Grommets go and install them. This is what I have so far. Apex Classic, ALD module, PM2 for my Salinity module, Two TUNZE 6055 controllers, Main Apex Display, Netgear WIFI box, TUNZE ATO box and my Skimz Protein skimmer controller. Ones everything is installed this stand will sit right next to my main 120 mixed reef display..

IMG_3032.JPG

IMG_3038.JPG

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to keep mine simple. Since I don't need access to the PM modu
les they are mounted on the backside of this board. My eb8 it is mounted on the backside of the cabinet so everything can plug in and show no wires. All I really need access to the Apex controller, the vortex controller and the return pump controller so I can go into feed mode. Honestly I rarely ever look at the Apex controller, I usually access that on my phone or on laptop.

Last edited:

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol super jealous of everyone on here. I have limited space, no option for a cabinet, and honestly hate the look of the new APEX (so no mounting next to the tank out in the open). So here is my current work in progress for mounting in my stand. I got it today and don't plan on sleeping tonight :)

1484027323208738951883.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good!

IronVulture

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine. I wish I would have thought of placing the eb8's on the back side of the cabinet. All of my power bricks are mounted to the back of this cabinet.

IMG_0278.JPG

recess62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread but any chance you could post a link to where you get those nice fittings to allow the wire to pass through the board ???

Got mine at Home Depot. I found them in the computer wiring part of the electrical department

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to keep mine simple. Since I don't need access to the PM modu
les they are mounted on the backside of this board. My eb8 it is mounted on the backside of the cabinet so everything can plug in and show no wires. All I really need access to the Apex controller, the vortex controller and the return pump controller so I can go into feed mode. Honestly I rarely ever look at the Apex controller, I usually access that on my phone or on laptop.
Here's the pics.
20160531_091453.jpeg
20160407_220928.jpeg

EB8 mounted in back of cabinet. All modules are behind front board with the control display.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great mine has been inside my stand for the last 18 months well I finally got my act together and ordered a unit from Ikea so I will be moving mine to the outside will post when finish

Mini Coop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are awesome! I am getting ready to build mine! Brand new 180 being built - I have space, I just don't know where to start. Do any of you have your sump in the basement? If so, how do you run your control boards? One by the tank and the main apex in the basement??

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back