Show Off and Discuss Your NUVO Concept Aquarium!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The overflowing rock scape is a must . Looks nice I have the 25 lagoon and just recently changed it to a macro algae /photosynthetic gorgonian tank . I think this be a cool idea with these type tanks too !

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The overflowing rock scape is a must . Looks nice I have the 25 lagoon and just recently changed it to a macro algae /photosynthetic gorgonian tank . I think this be a cool idea with these type tanks too !
+1 ... have to have the overflowing scape!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Crystal here :) Here is mine & my husbands IM Peninsula Drop Off! It's been up and running since 8/28/16. We got everything from the one and only Marine Depot except for thr fish and coral [emoji173] It's not much right now but when we get a new light we hope to add a nice variety of coral to it. We have a beautiful pair of Sea&Reef Phantom Clown fish and a Tail Spot Benny, along with a few corals. Absolutely love this tank!! We also have a 200gal DD but I'll have to discuss that somewhere else lol.
20161201_194324.png
20161201_194230.png
20161201_194343.png
20161201_194249.png

Great tank!

Fwdmotion

View Badges
Reaction score
Still not sure how to take correct pictures with an iPhone but here's my IM tank. I am in the process of building a rock wall for the back ledge to make it more natural. This is my first tank it's been fun to work with so far stuffed quite a few things in the back already.

tank-001.jpg
tank-002.jpg

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Still not sure how to take correct pictures with an iPhone but here's my IM tank. I am in the process of building a rock wall for the back ledge to make it more natural. This is my first tank it's been fun to work with so far stuffed quite a few things in the back already.

tank-001.jpg
tank-002.jpg
What light are you running that the tank? And what size tank is that? Looking really good

Fwdmotion

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks! It is the 20 gallon from IM the Peninsula. Did the Prime AI HD+ light.

Also added:
Ghost protein skimmer
Hydra 230 I think it was
Jaebo doser
Tunze nano auto top off
Apex JR. was ordered but hasn't arrived yet

I wanted to make sure I could manage a smaller tank before getting something bigger.

@Crystal03JC love the rock work!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful set ups from everyone, I seriously debated the drop off tank and while looking at them at my LFS noticed that they will fit on the Nuvo 20 stand BUT that's only horizontal and obviously not ideal for viewing. All these set ups here have me almost doubting my RSM C-130, great work guys!

Fwdmotion

View Badges
Reaction score
How do u like the ghost skimmer?

I think it takes a little while to get in it's stride and still is producing the micro bubbles. It definitely has a good full cup of green extract in 1-2 days. But tbh this is my first protein skimmer so I don't have much of a frame of reference but size wise I'm not sure we had many options.

My friend got the other version of this with the dual pumps on the side rather than the back he really likes his as well.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
I think it takes a little while to get in it's stride and still is producing the micro bubbles. It definitely has a good full cup of green extract in 1-2 days. But tbh this is my first protein skimmer so I don't have much of a frame of reference but size wise I'm not sure we had many options.

My friend got the other version of this with the dual pumps on the side rather than the back he really likes his as well.

There definitely aren't many options for these IM tanks, I think between the ghost and the Tunze 9001 are basically it unless you plumb a sump or go with a HOB skimmer which really isn't an option with such a clean looking tank IMO.

SandyK

View Badges
Reaction score
Hey reefers!
I really love those IM abyss peninsula tanks!
Especially Crystal`s and broach`s scapes look very very natural and almost perfectly fitted in there! Great job! :)
A few short question to all abyss peninsula owners:
Does a 9001Tunze fit in the back chamber - or is this skimmer a few mm too large???
How do you guys manage not to scratch the acrylic in the bottom-zone right above the "sand-line"? Does it work well, or is it a p i t a?

Many greetings from Germany :)
Sandy

SandyK

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks for your replay Crystal ! :)
Seems like many people use the ghost skimmer.
Does anybody have the tunze9001 installed?
I would be interested in that combo, cause the tunze is now available as DC-version, which I really like (adjusts easy, silence, safe-no-AC in tank....)

Crystal, please keep on posting your progress with this tank here. Really can`t wait for pictures when the corals grow and even more life is added!
Again, very cool looking little drop-off :)

Greetings
Sandy

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
How do u like the ghost skimmer?

It does produce a good amount of skim and it looks pretty sleek.

The downside is that its extra loud. It makes more noise than my 100 gallon skimmer. You can do a few things to reduce the sound but its still pretty loud. If they ever produce one that is quieter, I'd buy it in an instant.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 155 61.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 27.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 88 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.6%
Back