Show Off and Discuss Your NUVO Concept Aquarium!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello all! I just down graded to a IM 20 Peninsula from a 50 gal. The drop-off style has always appealed to me, but I have 1 question. The stock return is quite loud is there any recommended replacement pumps that will fit the peninsula style tank?
F9282D0B-90DE-4117-8BAE-A12D25AA60B8.jpeg

I have the Mighty jet Auqa gadget pump on the Panorama drop off and it is silent.
Check it out, it might fit in your tank if not Sicce might work.

Last edited:

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions for lids on this tank? I’m struggling to find a lid that will work with this aquarium. Right now I’m using the lid off my 50 cube and it’s about 10x the size I need it to be ?

Lorenz725

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello all! I just down graded to a IM 20 Peninsula from a 50 gal. The drop-off style has always appealed to me, but I have 1 question. The stock return is quite loud is there any recommended replacement pumps that will fit the peninsula style tank?
F9282D0B-90DE-4117-8BAE-A12D25AA60B8.jpeg

I have both styles of the drop off tanks and replaced both stock pumps with the mightyjet desktop. They work great and well worth the money.

Lorenz725

View Badges
Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions for lids on this tank? I’m struggling to find a lid that will work with this aquarium. Right now I’m using the lid off my 50 cube and it’s about 10x the size I need it to be ?

I do not use a lid on my tanks but have looked into a company called safe top lids. I think they can make one for any tank.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score

You could use one of Innovative Marine's own MightyJet DC Return Pumps which are controllable and built specifically for all-in-one aquariums.

spelly

View Badges
Reaction score
I am starting a Nuvo Concept dropoff tank. I got the tank (Panorama), light (AI prime HD) and a skimmer (tunze 9001 - does this skimmer fit?).
Anything more i need?

Regarding aquarium stand/cabinet.
I see some of you use IKEA`s Kallax Shelving unit, is this safe without using extra support?
Any other suggestions regarding stand from IKEA furniture?

Regards,

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I am starting a Nuvo Concept dropoff tank. I got the tank (Panorama), light (AI prime HD) and a skimmer (tunze 9001 - does this skimmer fit?).
Anything more i need?

Regarding aquarium stand/cabinet.
I see some of you use IKEA`s Kallax Shelving unit, is this safe without using extra support?
Any other suggestions regarding stand from IKEA furniture?

Regards,

We have a bookshelf too from Ikea and looks solid IMO. My 20g drop off Panorama sat there with only rocks- no water or livestock, prepping stage.
In my case, we have books that will go on the shelves too and that weight will be at least additional 50+ lbs plus I will have no room for an ato container. I ended up with the APS stand.

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Anyone have any updates on stands that they've used for these tanks? They're great looking tanks, but I'd like a clean and sturdy stand option.

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
I went for a IKEA Bestå and reinforced the furniture with a couple of 4x2 timber.

20190423_202211.jpg
Hmm, I'm definitely looking for something taller that could be used ALMOST as a room divider. Since the tank is AIO, I may have a contractor come out and build a frame, and dry wall it to match the wall. That'd look clean.

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
As an update on the stand, I spoke with Paul over at Innovative and he mentioned the 20G Penninsula stand will fit this tank, however there will be about 1" lip on both sides... I think it's an easy option for most users if the slight gap between the tank and stand doesn't bother the user (it won't for me). Plus, the peninsula style stand will work perfectly with the shape of this tank IMO.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back