Night_shift_reefer_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty sure they are suppose to come with tubing. It’s listed on bulk reef supply like that any way. I would email Red Sea. I emailed them about a broken part and they were pretty quick to respond

jwt1603

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, thanks

What return pump are you using and what tubing did you get?

I'm using a Sicce 7.0 running at 67%. Set up and programming was pretty easy. There's another thread on here about them where some people are having issues connecting to their network. The jury is still out on the sound level it has. It's gone down in the week or so it's been running so I'm hoping that after a break in period it will be silent. That same Sicce thread says they are dead silent for some people and generate a hum for others.

I'm also running two Gyre 250's mounted horizontally on the back wall. Because of where the tank sits in the house I really don't want to mount the Gyres on the end glass. As you walk up to the tank that's all you'll see. I now think that was overkill. Actually, probably beyond overkill. I'll try mounting them vertically in the corners this weekend to see if I can get the flow under control. They're running at -20% and still blow the substrate around. If that doesn't work I'll end up replacing them with the 230 units. The programming on them was a pain. Display is way too small to read easily and the dials and buttons are touchy.

I tried the black tubing my LFS had and it was way too stiff to make the turns I wanted without kinking. I work for a hose company so I went to our product manager and told him what I was doing. He spoke to our vendors and got me a couple of feet of tubing correct for the application.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using a Sicce 7.0 running at 67%. Set up and programming was pretty easy. There's another thread on here about them where some people are having issues connecting to their network. The jury is still out on the sound level it has. It's gone down in the week or so it's been running so I'm hoping that after a break in period it will be silent. That same Sicce thread says they are dead silent for some people and generate a hum for others.

I'm also running two Gyre 250's mounted horizontally on the back wall. Because of where the tank sits in the house I really don't want to mount the Gyres on the end glass. As you walk up to the tank that's all you'll see. I now think that was overkill. Actually, probably beyond overkill. I'll try mounting them vertically in the corners this weekend to see if I can get the flow under control. They're running at -20% and still blow the substrate around. If that doesn't work I'll end up replacing them with the 230 units. The programming on them was a pain. Display is way too small to read easily and the dials and buttons are touchy.

I tried the black tubing my LFS had and it was way too stiff to make the turns I wanted without kinking. I work for a hose company so I went to our product manager and told him what I was doing. He spoke to our vendors and got me a couple of feet of tubing correct for the application.
Great information......Thanks! I will head out and find some tubing. found out it does not come with the larger reefers.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty sure they are suppose to come with tubing. It’s listed on bulk reef supply like that any way. I would email Red Sea. I emailed them about a broken part and they were pretty quick to respond
I emailed them and got a response back in less than 1/2 hour!
"The larger Reefers do not come with tubing, only the smaller ones." was the answer. Not sure where the cutoff is between larger and smaller, but I'm pretty sure the 525 is on the "larger" side.

jwt1603

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed them and got a response back in less than 1/2 hour!
"The larger Reefers do not come with tubing, only the smaller ones." was the answer. Not sure where the cutoff is between larger and smaller, but I'm pretty sure the 525 is on the "larger" side.

Are they fat shaming us just because we're plus size? :D:D:D

Arcticwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey another Sarasota tank. Id love to see this in person. also would like to meet some other local reefers. Where abouts in Sarasota??

I'm off McIntosh and Webber, just got this set up so there isn't much growing yet but I'd love to meet local reefers as well! Doesn't seem there are many of us lol

mckinleyw

AIRBORNE REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm off McIntosh and Webber, just got this set up so there isn't much growing yet but I'd love to meet local reefers as well! Doesn't seem there are many of us lol
We seem to be a small crowd here. Most likely there are more around just not in the mix. I have done maintenance with my uncle on some pretty big and cool aquariums around here but that was a few years back. I think most of them were fish only anyway. good luck with the aquarium. IDK what lfs you use but I want to throw out Frag Freak on tallevast.

BTW Im out in Myakka area.

Arcticwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We seem to be a small crowd here. Most likely there are more around just not in the mix. I have done maintenance with my uncle on some pretty big and cool aquariums around here but that was a few years back. I think most of them were fish only anyway. good luck with the aquarium. IDK what lfs you use but I want to throw out Frag Freak on tallevast.

BTW Im out in Myakka area.

Oh nice, I love the open space out in Myakka. I run a mobile business so I would frequently be out there until i brought my service area in. Frag Freak is by far my fave shop here. Love that place. Aside from WWC, it's the only shop I buy anything from. I love my fish, but I couldn't imagine a tank without coral!

Firedawg1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s my 625XXL I got last month. Still need to build up the aquascaping a little more but I love the tank so far

83CAF7F7-6498-4FAC-AA1A-BD1E75FD7833.jpeg

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. Only the hard pipes came with it. Be careful when you put them together at the bulkhead fittings. I had one of the O-rings not seat quite properly and had a very slow leak. Slow enough I almost didn’t see it. Took it apart, reset it and all is good.
I bought a second emergency drain pipe--the end that goes in the cabinet--from Red Sea and it came without an O-ring. Had to go to a hardware store and purchase one of the right size on my own.

mckinleyw

AIRBORNE REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh nice, I love the open space out in Myakka. I run a mobile business so I would frequently be out there until i brought my service area in. Frag Freak is by far my fave shop here. Love that place. Aside from WWC, it's the only shop I buy anything from. I love my fish, but I couldn't imagine a tank without coral!
I AGREE!! Corals are what really catches my eyes. The fish are amazing too. Maybe we will run into each other at the store some day. Im always in a hat with a batman logo on it.

Firedawg1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Took a while to get it that way but turned out pretty good. I’ll probably build it up more in the future

naturalEhy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!
Just finished reading this entire thread after 6 months. Along with countless hours / pages of other research here and there.
A little each night keeps the impatience of having a new tank away. You all have got me thru cycling and having a bare & boring tank for months. Thank you all sooooo much for your input and photos!!! There are quite a few artists' in this thread. Truly an educational and entertaining experience.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice!

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Filter sock tip:

Since I had one of the first 750s out there, and I didnt want another set of the Red Sea nylon filter socks, I had ordered 4 4" filter 10 micron socks that almost everyone carries. I had them shortly after receiving the tank. After the tank was cycled and had livestock I went to try placing the sock into the Red Sea trays snr of course they won't fit into the tray openings. However, they will slide in the tray holder slots in the sump without the 2-hole tray holders that slide in and out. They even stay in place with water dosing over and into them without the sliders in place.

So if you have extra filter socks lying around that don't fit into the sliders, check and see if they'll slide into the tracks without the holders.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone or does anyone know if the standpipes can be removed from the overflow box once installed? I'm tearing down my system to start over in a few months and I want to take my tank off my stand, clean it out, etc. I saw a diagram somewhere where the pipes have barbs to lock into place with the bulkheads and they make it difficult to unscrew the pipes.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 58.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 56 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.4%
Back