OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you please tell me what the bungee ball looking wraps you have keeping your hose' and wires together is? I'm looking for something like that.

IMG_9936.jpg

I honestly don't know what they are called... they were just a temporary solution until I did my final install. I liked them for a temporary solution because they have double stick to mount them. And since I knew I would be ditching them sooner than later, I liked the idea of not having to mount them with screws. I bought them from Menards if that helps at all.

jwt1603

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to get a screen lid / cover for my 525 but I've got some questions for those of you that have covers.

How do you do regular maintenance? I'm referring to daily / weekly things like feeding fish from multiple locations, feeding corals, glass cleaning, etc? I've seen a hinge lid for feeding but I plan on feeding from different areas around the tank.

Do you take the entire screen off every time you want to get in the tank? I was thinking of having the screen lid in two, or more, sections so I could remove the part I needed to and leave the rest in place.

Thoughts?

Wingizzmo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to get a screen lid / cover for my 525 but I've got some questions for those of you that have covers.

How do you do regular maintenance? I'm referring to daily / weekly things like feeding fish from multiple locations, feeding corals, glass cleaning, etc? I've seen a hinge lid for feeding but I plan on feeding from different areas around the tank.

Do you take the entire screen off every time you want to get in the tank? I was thinking of having the screen lid in two, or more, sections so I could remove the part I needed to and leave the rest in place.

Thoughts?
I take the entire screen off to do maintenance I place a towel on the floor and lean it against the wall. as far as feeding I just lift it and feed.

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thoughts?

Depending on what type of lid you are looking at, the custom ones can have multiple feed doors for you to access different parts of the tank. I only have a central feed door on my 525, but my flow is erratic enough that the food deposited there gets to the entire tank. I take my lid off maybe once a week to do some maintenance, but by and large I can access what I need to through the feed door. For additives that are put into the DT, I use a disposable pipette that is smaller than the netting and just go through there.

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, i know the 625/750 models are quite new, but id like some pictures of hard plumbed returnline solutions, preferably with a manifold to give me some ideas to my upcoming build! :)

jwt1603

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on what type of lid you are looking at, the custom ones can have multiple feed doors for you to access different parts of the tank. I only have a central feed door on my 525, but my flow is erratic enough that the food deposited there gets to the entire tank. I take my lid off maybe once a week to do some maintenance, but by and large I can access what I need to through the feed door. For additives that are put into the DT, I use a disposable pipette that is smaller than the netting and just go through there.
Thanks. I hadn't thought of just sticking the pipette through the screen. Duh.

AMEE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t want a feed door to keep it as simple as I could. I either remove the whole lid or if I’m lazy I’ll feed through one of the litter
Holes in the net lol. My Apex feeder also drops the food through the lid.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Final scape for the 525. Used NYOS cement for the large structures. Works really good if you follow the instructions.

I will have a 1 1/2 inch deep sand bed.

Blue tape is 4” all around.

b94cf9555bcae245817c8c745fb9c3e5.jpg

ryboy707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got everything up and running.

Reefer 250
Eshoppes 150 SnoCone Skimmer
Vecra M Returm Pump
Avast Marine BioPellet Reactor
2 BRS Premium Reactors (GFO and Carbon)
Apex Standard System
Smart ATO
MaXpect Gyre 130 with Ice Cap Module for Apex
Kessil ap700 Led Light

Will probably run the GFO and Carbon once the tank is cycled, right now, just running biopellets to get them primed. Need to make a screen top also. Probably going to add another 10lbs of rock somewhere.

ru3FL7O.jpg

Lw7WKmK.jpg

Bbqyfbg.jpg
I'm trying to hard plumb a reefer 250 with a manifold also, and I'm wondering what size threaded adapter you used for connecting to the return line?

Bob The Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to hard plumb a reefer 250 with a manifold also, and I'm wondering what size threaded adapter you used for connecting to the return line?

The threaded adaptors are "Metric" which actually means British Standard Pipe - BSP - don't know about the 250 but on my 350 it's approx 1"in diameter over the thread which IIRC is 3/4 BSP

jwt1603

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need a recommendation on a skimmer for a 525 or solution for the current one. I have an E-shopps X-160 that has been running for about a week. No change in amount of bubbles and if I make any adjustment at all it only creates more bubbles. I can't get it to slow down. It blows the lid off of the cup and the bubbles are getting the inside of the cabinet wet as they pop. Help?

Bob The Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need a recommendation on a skimmer for a 525 or solution for the current one. I have an E-shopps X-160 that has been running for about a week. No change in amount of bubbles and if I make any adjustment at all it only creates more bubbles. I can't get it to slow down. It blows the lid off of the cup and the bubbles are getting the inside of the cabinet wet as they pop. Help?

I can offer some moral support ..... I have exactly the same issue with a Nyos Quantum 120

Have you checked the water height in the sump relative to the water height in the skimmer? The Red Sea sumps are quite deep and I'm trying to find a workable solution to raising my skimmer off the floor (will try and craft something in acrylic)

The only other thing I can advise is patience ..... which I also need to try

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, I ordered an adjustable skimmer stand from octoaquatics. It will adjust from 1 to 3 1/2”. As stated above, it’s a deep sump and you will most likely need to raise your skimmer.

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can offer some moral support ..... I have exactly the same issue with a Nyos Quantum 120

A few people including myself have had success with the Nyos 120. The NYOS has three adjustments: the arm 'rotates' + screw top control water level, then air input. I didn't grok right away that the arm movement was the rough water level control. I initially thought the screw top was the only water level adjustment.

jwt1603

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Have you checked the water height in the sump relative to the water height in the skimmer? The Red Sea sumps are quite deep and I'm trying to find a workable solution to raising my skimmer off the floor (will try and craft something in acrylic)

The only other thing I can advise is patience ..... which I also need to try

Thanks. Yes, I raised it up off the bottom of the sump. I may need to try a different unit.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 55 84.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.6%
Back