mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, thanks for chiming in! I got the okay to work from home when it's being delivered or use PTO at my discretion so I will be there. Just hoping if I need someone to help me physically unload, that they can wait until later in the day when my brother gets out of work.

@mta_morrow So it's no joke that this company is not good at handling freight properly!! The original pallet was trashed and they didn't use the right size replacement pallet. I will definitely take pics! Did they wheel it in your garage for you with the pallet jack?
I also had road runner deliver my 525. Looked like it was going to be a disaster, but luckily everything inside the crate was fine. Guy took an hour and a half to re-wire his lift gate. And technically, road runner doesn't deliver to you, they hire contract drivers to take from their warehouse hubs to your house.

Maverik159

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone-

First, thanks to everyone sharing the great reefer info- I digested this entire thread over several days and I very appreciative of all the fantasistic info that this forum and its contributing members provide! In that spirit, and after much research, I ultimately purchased a 425 XL that ended up being shipped direct from Israel to me. All arrived well yesterday (4-10-2018) and upon looking closely at the packaging, it seems I have a DXL 425 V3 tank on my hands. I did a couple of searches (to include Red Seas site) and couldn’t find any info.......

So what’s the “so what” here? The manual indicates it’s (Refugium ready) and a quick peek reveals that it does infact include a glass refugium divider wall and 4” filter CUPs installed (vice socks)! This is just my initial observation and after I get it fully unpacked, I’ll share if there is anything else of note. This may be old news to some, but I wanted to get this info out there, since I didn’t see anything covering this yet. So far, I am an extremely satisfied customer and kudos to Red Sea for continuing to innovate their products. Best Wishes!

Last edited:

ddrueckh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All,

I am thinking of purchasing either a Reefer Peninsula 650 or the Reefer 750 XXL. These are both big tanks. My only concern is the stand. For my past tanks, I have built...overbuilt my own stands. The reefer stands don't look nearly as strong as what I have built in the past (2X4 framing and 3/4" Oak Plywood). Should I be worried about the reefer stands or are they plenty strong? Any issues with water damage or anything I should be aware of? I have looked into a custom tank and a metal stand, but the price difference is too much for me. Thank you in advance.

Dave

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All,

I am thinking of purchasing either a Reefer Peninsula 650 or the Reefer 750 XXL. These are both big tanks. My only concern is the stand. For my past tanks, I have built...overbuilt my own stands. The reefer stands don't look nearly as strong as what I have built in the past (2X4 framing and 3/4" Oak Plywood). Should I be worried about the reefer stands or are they plenty strong? Any issues with water damage or anything I should be aware of? I have looked into a custom tank and a metal stand, but the price difference is too much for me. Thank you in advance.

Dave
Very dense and heavy. I don't think there's an issue and I cannot recall hearing anything negative, but others might have more to say about that.

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how to add to this thread but need suggestions for a skimmer for Red Sea Reefer 350. Anyone have a suggestion for one they love?

jwt1603

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the replies. I have not found anything negative online but double checking before I drop a lot of money...

I understand. I went through the same thing. It's a decent amount of cash to put out, it better be good. I looked / researched for about a year before I decided on the RS Reefer series. Not sorry at all that I did.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All,

Dave

Absolutely no worries whatsoever!

Properly engineered and excellent finish.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All,

Dave
Mine is still standing! Haha

XLOR8T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone-

First, thanks to everyone sharing the great reefer info- I digested this entire thread over several days and I very appreciative of all the fantasistic info that this forum and its contributing members provide! In that spirit, and after much research, I ultimately purchased a 425 XL that ended up being shipped direct from Israel to me. All arrived well yesterday (4-10-2018) and upon looking closely at the packaging, it seems I have a DXL 425 V3 tank on my hands. I did a couple of searches (to include Red Seas site) and couldn’t find any info.......

So what’s the “so what” here? The manual indicates it’s (Refugium ready) and a quick peek reveals that it does infact include a glass refugium divider wall and 4” filter CUPs installed (vice socks)! This is just my initial observation and after I get it fully unpacked, I’ll share if there is anything else of note. This may be old news to some, but I wanted to get this info out there, since I didn’t see anything covering this yet. So far, I am an extremely satisfied customer and kudos to Red Sea for continuing to innovate their products. Best Wishes!

Just called Red Sea USA as I have a 425xl on order too. International versions have started shipping with upgraded plumbing and refugium chamber. US release will be later *** [emoji17]

Dan Snyder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again. I’m going to go for the Reefer 750 XXL Deluxe. Happy to see all the positive replies regarding the stand. Can’t wait.

Yea good pick on the XXL 750. The hardware is ok at best but once you install everything it’s built like a rock, the exterior finish, hinges, doors are what make it quality! You will be super happy! Have 4/5/6 guys ready to help you! If you have any more questions ask. Check out my build!

Dan’s Red Sea XXL 750 Build

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already pulling the black backing off my new tank. I hate black backgrounds so I'm looking to add a white background. Anyone have a good idea on what white backing to put behind there besides poster board or foam board?

Dan Snyder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already pulling the black backing off my new tank. I hate black backgrounds so I'm looking to add a white background. Anyone have a good idea on what white backing to put behind there besides poster board or foam board?
I have used (black) vinyl for my QT, and white for my sump, so that’s always an option!

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my Red Sea xl425 a week ago. One of the cabinet doors had a small nick but built it anyway. Put the tank on the stand and while cleaning the glass I found a small scratch in the glass. The crate was perfect in and out. The only way I see how it got scratched would be at the factory. I emailed Red Sea and a couple days later I was told a new door and tank will be shipped.
Very happy about them replacing it and how they handled it. Bummed I have to wait longer but got plenty of work while I wait.
5db1d3d5b4f909fd395913cabc016b34.jpg
it’s about 1 1/4 long

offtropic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just called Red Sea USA as I have a 425xl on order too. International versions have started shipping with upgraded plumbing and refugium chamber. US release will be later *** [emoji17]
Interesting - I am in the planning stages for a 425xl. Did you find any links/information about what specifically they are changing with the sump? One of things holding me back was my desire for a refugium and was waiting on some reviews of third party units.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back