Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of pictures of the dry side electric/ control panels.
What I would like is info and pictures of how you hide and run the wires in the sump. Anyone got some great ideas?

XLOR8T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of pictures of the dry side electric/ control panels.
What I would like is info and pictures of how you hide and run the wires in the sump. Anyone got some great ideas?

I used networking channels. They are grey and I believe can be painted. My priority was to be tidy and I ran it on the ceiling of the sump and on 2 came down to route wires.

The pic below is while my chaeto was in QT with coppersafe water so my Kessil H380 was on that bucket but you get the idea.

IMG_9434.JPG

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

Lbrod126

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the process of cycling my red Sea reefer XXL625. Using the red Sea Reef mature kit, during my cycle I will be doing no lights, skimmer on route. Waiting for my AI Hydra 52's to come in as well as a second gyre xf 250. Currently running the Neptune Cor-20 pump, one XF-250 gyre and a Nyos quantum 160 Skimmer. 115 lbs of real reef rock mixed with carib sea along with 80 lbs of dry aragonite special grade sand. On this tank I decided to go with dry rock and sand route and eleivate unwanted pests in the tank that I do not know about. Along with the xxl625 I have a 55 gallon QT tank with a few pieces of PVC. Looking forward to the cycling process and seeing how the red Sea mature pro kit works out!
IMG_20180730_225634.jpeg
IMG_20180730_225658.jpeg
IMG_20180730_225712.jpeg

Lbrod126

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the process of cycling my red Sea reefer XXL625. Using the red Sea Reef mature kit, during my cycle I will be doing no lights, skimmer on route. Waiting for my AI Hydra 52's to come in as well as a second gyre xf 250. Currently running the Neptune Cor-20 pump, one XF-250 gyre and a Nyos quantum 160 Skimmer. 115 lbs of real reef rock mixed with carib sea along with 80 lbs of dry aragonite special grade sand. On this tank I decided to go with dry rock and sand route and eleivate unwanted pests in the tank that I do not know about. Along with the xxl625 I have a 55 gallon QT tank with a few pieces of PVC. Looking forward to the cycling process and seeing how the red Sea mature pro kit works out!
IMG_20180730_225634.jpeg
IMG_20180730_225658.jpeg
IMG_20180730_225712.jpeg
Will be cleaning up my control pannel as well once I get my Apex system

XLOR8T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20180730_225634.jpeg
IMG_20180730_225658.jpeg
IMG_20180730_225712.jpeg

Very nice! Great choice. The Red Sea Reef mature program works very well. The nopox really boosts the cycle. You’ll probably be about a week or 10 days behind the schedule by using dry rock. I did too and very glad. Just didn’t realize I’m not supposed to vacuum the sand. It’s were the bacteria takes hold early on and I flushed them out and restarted a mini cycle. Get that skimmer going. Most take a while to break in and you won’t mind them over flowing while you cycle but when you add fish you want it working. As soon as I had nitrates I put my chaeto in my fuge too.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me if the stock ATO tank for a reefer can be drilled?

Or is is tempered?

Thanks!

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me if the stock ATO tank for a reefer can be drilled?

Or is is tempered?

Thanks!
I drilled mine on my old Reefer 350 and turned it into a refugium.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the nano kit from glass-holes.com and installed that on the ATO... it comes with everything including the hole saw... Absolutely happy with that project... put a bunch of rock rubble from my old sump with some cuelerpa, chaeto, and dragons breathe... Using marineland led bar I had lying around, fits the tank perfect. I have great flow zig-zagging the tank and pod population has boomed...

Lbrod126

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! Great choice. The Red Sea Reef mature program works very well. The nopox really boosts the cycle. You’ll probably be about a week or 10 days behind the schedule by using dry rock. I did too and very glad. Just didn’t realize I’m not supposed to vacuum the sand. It’s were the bacteria takes hold early on and I flushed them out and restarted a mini cycle. Get that skimmer going. Most take a while to break in and you won’t mind them over flowing while you cycle but when you add fish you want it working. As soon as I had nitrates I put my chaeto in my fuge too.
Awesome! Yeah I figured it would take me a little longer to complete the cycle using the dry rock. I've had the skimmer running for a little bit and it is all broken in, actually broke in pretty quickly. Well good to know I will not be vacuuming the sand through this process lol.

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also painted mine a flat black acrylic which matches the interior of the black reefer stand... I painted all sided besides the fromt glass piece so you can see inside. It looks uniform with the sump interior and also isolates the fuge light so there isnt any nuisance algae growth in sump...

Lbrod126

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While doing the mature program did you add clean up crew and fish as stated in the directions? Or did you wait until cycle was complete?

XLOR8T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While doing the mature program did you add clean up crew and fish as stated in the directions? Or did you wait until cycle was complete?

My cycle was a bit behind but I added my fish and cuc on week 5 but had to stress because I caused a mini reset with vacuuming sand bed. But never had ammonia. Just some nitrite that was below harmful levels to marine fish. :)

Lbrod126

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cycle was a bit behind but I added my fish and cuc on week 5 but had to stress because I caused a mini reset with vacuuming sand bed. But never had ammonia. Just some nitrite that was below harmful levels to marine fish. :)
Awesome yeah my readings are looking good no amonia also nitrite levels that are below harmful. Just getting some diatom no cyano or other algae blooms like it states.

Tikosyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a red sea reefer 750 with a varios 8 return. My question is, how do I know if I have my return pump running at the right setting? I am currently running it on the 3rd setting, can anyone with this pump/tank combo chime in? I have a split return nozzle (the random flow generator one) from vividcreativeaquatics but still find I need to point a powerhead at the surface to avoid having stuff accumulate on the surface of the water.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back