nickenayat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting a REEFER 250. Go check out the build thread

Red Sea REEFER 250 Build
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...Red-Sea-REEFER-250-Build.430098/&share_type=t

3923d83eb5933e1d61cf1f884342709b.jpg
b21b541903fc2f776af4d8b7167d1a26.heic
5a7844b37161356ac43bdfb2b0ee6372.jpg
800001537538ded5c8374085f99da648.heic

OriginalUserName

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

jwt1603

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You people and your super neat equipment mounting make me sick! (actually just make me feel messy) Looking good!
I feel the same. I've tried a couple of times now, working on the third time, and I just can't get it to look like any of these cool set ups. Congrats to the people who make these tanks look so great.

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My reefer 450 sump starting leaking a year back. Finally got it all up and running with a trigger timeline sump, an aquauv 57 UV, and a Syncra ADV 9 pump that is handling the 9 PVC turns easily! Attaching some pics here. Love this new sump setup...
aa48809b273523394e6bc8f48d8029d5.jpg
1652957b2897ec6ed1d3db6e778be4b4.jpg

OriginalUserName

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talked to Red Sea. They are recommending that I drain the tank, inspect all the screws and replace the cam locks.

Sigh. I can't say I'm particularly happy about this. I just got my frags all mounted! I guess I will go grab two 40 breeders to house the livestock. This is going to be a ton of work. I think I regret going with a pre-fab stand at this point. I'm positive I'll wind up losing quite a few dollars in frags. :/

Last edited:

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talked to Red Sea. They are recommending that I drain the tank, inspect all the screws and replace the cam locks.

Sigh. I can't say I'm particularly happy about this. I just got my frags all mounted! I guess I will go grab two 40 breeders to house the livestock. This is going to be a ton of work. I think I regret going with a pre-fab stand at this point. I'm positive I'll wind up losing quite a few dollars in frags. :/

Dude... that sucks... I really have not been impressed with red sea at all... and everyone dont freak on me... its just my opinion and experience with them... thats a boatload of cash to pay to get the customer service and advice they give... I went in thinking I was gonna be treated like I bought a benz, but I came out feeling like I got a Ford... There aint nothing wrong with Ford... hahahha... I love my F150, but the experience just wasnt there for me... I refuse to pay that type of money again on a red sea tank when their just seems things are lacking in certain areas... dont get all crazy on me please... just soeaking my mind

OriginalUserName

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude... that sucks... I really have not been impressed with red sea at all... and everyone dont freak on me... its just my opinion and experience with them... thats a boatload of cash to pay to get the customer service and advice they give... I went in thinking I was gonna be treated like I bought a benz, but I came out feeling like I got a Ford... There aint nothing wrong with Ford... hahahha... I love my F150, but the experience just wasnt there for me... I refuse to pay that type of money again on a red sea tank when their just seems things are lacking in certain areas... dont get all crazy on me please... just soeaking my mind
Yeah, not fun. I'm going to go buy two 40Breeders and throw them on a home depot stand. Going to be a ton of work, but I'm mostly worried about the 2k in coral I have in there.
They are sending me the hardware pack so I can replace any cams or screws as needed. Hopefully that pack get's to me pretty fast. Ideally I'd like to only have the temp tanks up for a few days. Getting people together to help me move the tank off and on the stand again is going to be fun.

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, not fun. I'm going to go buy two 40Breeders and throw them on a home depot stand. Going to be a ton of work, but I'm mostly worried about the 2k in coral I have in there.
They are sending me the hardware pack so I can replace any cams or screws as needed. Hopefully that pack get's to me pretty fast. Ideally I'd like to only have the temp tanks up for a few days. Getting people together to help me move the tank off and on the stand again is going to be fun.

Sorry bud...

XLOR8T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Why don’t you get a big 100gallon plastic tub basically move it all down to that and you can run your skimmer on it with an egg crate stand and your circulation pumps. Splitting two systems isn’t going to be easy especially if you have something go wrong and can’t put it back together. The tub can be life support for medium term.

OriginalUserName

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why don’t you get a big 100gallon plastic tub basically move it all down to that and you can run your skimmer on it with an egg crate stand and your circulation pumps. Splitting two systems isn’t going to be easy especially if you have something go wrong and can’t put it back together. The tub can be life support for medium term.
hmm, good suggestion, I'd hope I can only be down for a week so the tub might work out fine. I'll just have to figure out where to buy one.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 69 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back