Lbrod126

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All display no sump lol.
It looks amazing. Great job
Wow amazing tank dude! Loving the rock flower nem island! What are you currently dosing? Are you running any carbon/gfo? I know you said stock sump no fancy equipment so just wondering.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow amazing tank dude! Loving the rock flower nem island! What are you currently dosing? Are you running any carbon/gfo? I know you said stock sump no fancy equipment so just wondering.

Thanks man. No carbon, no GFO. IMO those take away from stability. It’s all mechanical filtration (floss+skimmer). Dosing B-Ionic Alkalinity and calcium.

Lbrod126

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man. No carbon, no GFO. IMO those take away from stability. It’s all mechanical filtration (floss+skimmer). Dosing B-Ionic Alkalinity and calcium.
Awesome! I am dosing B-ionic 2 part as well. I still have the stock plumbing in my 625 but plumbed in a UV. I was running carbon but removed it and have just been doing filter floss in my Redsea filter cups now plus some Marine pure blocks before the return and chateo in the fuge. Have had a lot better results since I removed the carbon. As well as my skimmer.
Snapchat-2145076706.jpeg

PugsAndFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built my Red Sea Reefer 170 stand but have 2 dowels left over. I think I got all the pieces in since I followed instructions but now I'm paranoid I missed something and the stand won't be as stable. Did anyone else have 2 dowels left over? I'm hoping Red Sea included 34 dowels rather than the intended 32...

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Centerline I got the canopy completed and it's floating strong and level as can be. Came out great and wanted to Thank you for your help and suggestions along the way. Here it is...

Canopy Build Final (5).jpg

Canopy Build Final (6).jpg

Canopy Build Final (7).jpg

Canopy Build Final (8).jpg

Canopy Build Final (9).jpg

Canopy Build Final (12).jpg
So that came out perfectly and Im guessing that it can hold a lot more weight if you ever decide to change lights.
If you ever decide you want to hide the cable Amazon sells an expensive set of wall plates.
https://www.amazon.com/Datacomm-50-...id=1541533724&sr=8-6&keywords=wall+hide+cable

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

incloud design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So that came out perfectly and Im guessing that it can hold a lot more weight if you ever decide to change lights.
If you ever decide you want to hide the cable Amazon sells an expensive set of wall plates.
https://www.amazon.com/Datacomm-50-...id=1541533724&sr=8-6&keywords=wall+hide+cable

I already set it up for running wires in the wall with low voltage plates. The ones in the picture are all set and there's another above those now. I haven't run it through yet because I'll be taking the canopy down before long to modify my lights. They are on 4 channels and the colors aren't independent. I'm researching parts at Rapid LED now to make them 6 channels of independent colors for full control. I use the BlueFish LED Controller. Once they are sorted and the finishing touches are in place you won't see a single wire anywhere. I'm pretty anal about stuff like that. I gutted my house so I know every nook and cranny!

Oh yeah! It's solid as can be and would carry quite a bit more weight without much effort.

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built my Red Sea Reefer 170 stand but have 2 dowels left over. I think I got all the pieces in since I followed instructions but now I'm paranoid I missed something and the stand won't be as stable. Did anyone else have 2 dowels left over? I'm hoping Red Sea included 34 dowels rather than the intended 32...
I don't think that two dowels are going to make any difference. They don't add much to the stability of the stand as the metal KD cam fasteners do the heavy lifting - the dowels being plastic appear to more for lining stuff up and keeping it in place so that stand stays together as you tighten the cam dowels down.

PugsAndFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@PugsAndFish they probably are left overs
My xl425 had couple of them and the metal cam lock thing.

I hope they where left over lol
lol I hope mine are leftovers. I looked through the instructions and I don't think I could've put together the stand while missing a dowel so I'm hoping I did everything right. The 170 isn't nearly as big as the 425 but still worries me knowing I may have missed something lolll

PugsAndFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think that two dowels are going to make any difference. They don't add much to the stability of the stand as the metal KD cam fasteners do the heavy lifting - the dowels being plastic appear to more for lining stuff up and keeping it in place so that stand stays together as you tighten the cam dowels down.
That's a little more relieving to hear. I hope the dowels not being too important is certainly the case!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back