ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank was replaced on warranty for a leak after 6 months. I had also contacted Red Sea via messenger on Facebook when the leak happen, that guy was overseas somewhere I'm assuming due to how the timing on responses played out. But if you feel the US rep is not handling things up to par, I'd reach beyond the US office if you haven't already.

I can say, if this is representative of the silicone they consider acceptable my next tank won't be a Red Sea Reefer.

Lol take a look at my thread they definitely don’t care unless you have water all over your house then would only replace the aquarium itself (not the damage it has done to your house) redsea makes good products but im shocked the way they lowered the quality of the tanks and don’t care that you spent good money for it
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/d...have-chewed-up-silicon-in-the-corners.386188/

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol take a look at my thread they definitely don’t care unless you have water all over your house then would only replace the aquarium itself (not the damage it has done to your house) redsea makes good products but im shocked the way they lowered the quality of the tanks and don’t care that you spent good money for it
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/d...have-chewed-up-silicon-in-the-corners.386188/

Hahahahahhaha!!! Feels like they spin a wheel on whoever they would like to help... You hear alot of people that get taken care of... wasnt that way in my case either

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahahahahhaha!!! Feels like they spin a wheel on whoever they would like to help... You hear alot of people that get taken care of... wasnt that way in my case either

I think it’s allot of people that they don’t take care of most people don’t mention it and if they do they get a bunch of posts that say they helped them discouraging anyone that says otherwise
Im a big fan of redsea products this was a real shock to me and shows me $$ is more important than a happy customer

nyknicks2544

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s allot of people that they don’t take care of most people don’t mention it and if they do they get a bunch of posts that say they helped them discouraging anyone that says otherwise
Im a big fan of redsea products this was a real shock to me and shows me $$ is more important than a happy customer

Here is a picture of the silicon on the tank they replaced in my case.

It clearly didn’t not fill the entire gap between the front and bottom panel. It did not leak but was a concern. I reached out to them, they verified my purchase and sent a replacement. It’s a hard area to photograph so maybe better pictures would help? Or maybe the service is really that spotty.

IMG_0034.jpg

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a picture of the silicon on the tank they replaced in my case.

It clearly didn’t not fill the entire gap between the front and bottom panel. It did not leak but was a concern. I reached out to them, they verified my purchase and sent a replacement. It’s a hard area to photograph so maybe better pictures would help? Or maybe the service is really that spotty.

IMG_0034.jpg

I guess they couldn’t argue with that since the silicone is actually missing mine is just frayed chipped and chewed up

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes I had looked at your other thread when I responded here, you hadn't updated yet and I was wondering if you had been able to escalate the problem beyond the customer service rep.

After going through your updates, I certainly would have been upset in your situation. My reefer was inspected before the delivery men left, mostly because of a horrible experience with a CADlights tank, also an expensive lesson for myself.

My reefer tank leak was from a bubble in the silicone that burst, and I had a slow leak. I had less than a gallon of water on the floor when I came home from work, I immediately stopped the return, and dropped the water level so I didnt have any damages beyond a leaky tank.

Seeing how this has played out, I would not purchase another Reefer if I ever upgrade tank size. I've already been through that big mess with CADlights and dont want to deal with that situation again.

Zerobytes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What ar good alternatives to Red Sea Reefer 170’s? Same general size and look.

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What ar good alternatives to Red Sea Reefer 170’s? Same general size and look.

I don’t really know many people say waterbox but this can happen with any company i would just make sure to fully inspect any tank before signing for it

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I had looked at your other thread when I responded here, you hadn't updated yet and I was wondering if you had been able to escalate the problem beyond the customer service rep.

After going through your updates, I certainly would have been upset in your situation. My reefer was inspected before the delivery men left, mostly because of a horrible experience with a CADlights tank, also an expensive lesson for myself.

My reefer tank leak was from a bubble in the silicone that burst, and I had a slow leak. I had less than a gallon of water on the floor when I came home from work, I immediately stopped the return, and dropped the water level so I didnt have any damages beyond a leaky tank.

Seeing how this has played out, I would not purchase another Reefer if I ever upgrade tank size. I've already been through that big mess with CADlights and dont want to deal with that situation again.

Im seeing a pattern here
but many people seem happy and i hope and pray mine doesn’t leak it would be disastrous on my equipment and house and $$ livestock

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

titlowda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some help, does anyone have the measurements of the sump area of the Reefer 350? If not is anyone kind enough to grab them quick?

nyknicks2544

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question for the group on creative ways to mount power bricks. I have been using command strips for everything which has worked well. However the brick to my return pump gets hotter than the rest and the adhesive always fails overtime. Need something fairly simple to secure it to the side panel of the stand.

Also....

Bought some new additions to the 425xl that should arrive in the mail tomorrow.

Cooper Banded Butterly
Magnificent Foxface
Red Velvet Fairy Wrasse

Already have two clowns in the tank.

Would like to add probably 2 tangs (powder blue and purple) and potentially a blue throat trigger.

Anyone else have a stocking list for their 425’s or similar sized tanks.

Hulley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some help, does anyone have the measurements of the sump area of the Reefer 350? If not is anyone kind enough to grab them quick?

The sump is 17.25" deep, 27.5" wide and 14" tall. The sump area is a little wider but the door hinges would prevent you from going larger, plus you'd probably want a little room for magnetic prob holders and such.

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question for the group on creative ways to mount power bricks. I have been using command strips for everything which has worked well. However the brick to my return pump gets hotter than the rest and the adhesive always fails overtime. Need something fairly simple to secure it to the side panel of the stand.

Also....

Cooper Banded Butterly
Magnificent Foxface
Red Velvet Fairy Wrasse

Would like to add probably 2 tangs (powder blue and purple) and potentially a blue throat trigger.

I have had pretty good success with heavy duty velcro as long as I clean the area with alcohol first.

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also....

Cooper Banded Butterly
Magnificent Foxface
Red Velvet Fairy Wrasse

Screw and a zip tie

Jhoussock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just installed a cor15 on my reefer 250 and I have a persistent trickle I never had in my plumbing...it’s either in my intake or return not my emergency valve as I have the water just under overflowing. I understand the whole small adjustments and wait and I was able to dial in my old pump no problem, as long as it was just under the emergency pipe it ran silent..any idea what the trickle could be? I’m currently running the pump at 30% but have two 5/8 to 1/2 inch tees to feed a uv filter and a mini reactor. The main drag from pump to return is 5/8. The only other change I made was adding another t and connecting the mini reactor to get ride of the pump that ran it. I figured this would be fine because the cor15 has so much power.

Reef Able

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys i have been thinking about getting a UV Sterilizer for my Reefer 450. Can someone here advise which UV i can buy for my system. The total water volume is 116G including sump.

incloud design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys i have been thinking about getting a UV Sterilizer for my Reefer 450. Can someone here advise which UV i can buy for my system. The total water volume is 116G including sump.

I have the 450 and also have a UV Sterilizer that I'm not using if you are interested. It has a Meanwell Driver that powers the UV Light. I'm running an ATS in my basement and have another UV inline for emergencies so this is not being used.

UV Sterilizer.jpg

Lbrod126

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just installed a cor15 on my reefer 250 and I have a persistent trickle I never had in my plumbing...it’s either in my intake or return not my emergency valve as I have the water just under overflowing. I understand the whole small adjustments and wait and I was able to dial in my old pump no problem, as long as it was just under the emergency pipe it ran silent..any idea what the trickle could be? I’m currently running the pump at 30% but have two 5/8 to 1/2 inch tees to feed a uv filter and a mini reactor. The main drag from pump to return is 5/8. The only other change I made was adding another t and connecting the mini reactor to get ride of the pump that ran it. I figured this would be fine because the cor15 has so much power.
Can you provide a picture of your plumbing? I have the cor-20 on my 625 and it takes a little while to dial in. I had to consistently adjust the gate valve along with the % I was running on my cor-20 over the course of a few days until it was fully dialed in. Is the trickle coming from within the plumbing from the cor15 or is it coming from your actual overflow downpipe? Take the top off and look down or get close enough you will be able to distanctly hear it. The Redsea do have to be adjusted frequently imo when you have evaporation after a water change installing a new pump with different flow rate they will have to be adjusted.

Back