Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got water in my 425. Monday dr. Tim’s one and only should be here to start the cycle.
d13ebe4ce44d171279f249130e7bf3a3.jpg

30273134132dc812045f2208dcfb8c7f.jpg

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will my RO Varios 2 pump quiet down after running for a week or two. Hooked it up today for the first time and i was expecting it to be quieter...

I ran a varios6 for awhile and it was silent from the start. Is it hard plumbed? If you have any concerns open a ticket with coralvue, they’ve been great resolving a few issues I’ve had with product they offer.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ran a varios6 for awhile and it was silent from the start. Is it hard plumbed? If you have any concerns open a ticket with coralvue, they’ve been great resolving a few issues I’ve had with product they offer.
Haha dude i was going to specifically ask you why you changed yours out. Ive watched a ton of your vids and i was searching for one earlier that may have explained it but i gave up haha. I think its working ok just expected it to be dead silent but maybe my expectations are too high!

Its soft plumbed. When you say silent does that mean no low level drone?

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha dude i was going to specifically ask you why you changed yours out. Ive watched a ton of your vids and i was searching for one earlier that may have explained it but i gave up haha. I think its working ok just expected it to be dead silent but maybe my expectations are too high!

Its soft plumbed. When you say silent does that mean no low level drone?

I was part of the Neptune Cor beta testers. Otherwise I would have kept the varios pump. Mine never made any noise and I ran it at probably 50%. I even had my pump reduced from the 1 1/4” to 1” right out of the pump and later reduced to 1/2” to fit the stock barb.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was part of the Neptune Cor beta testers. Otherwise I would have kept the varios pump. Mine never made any noise and I ran it at probably 50%. I even had my pump reduced from the 1 1/4” to 1” right out of the pump and later reduced to 1/2” to fit the stock barb.

Varios 8 here is silent.

Hmm... maybe ill wait till its quiet in the house and take a vid to send to coralvue. It actually sounds like an air pump used for air stones. Same kind of hum as that...

Edit: heres a quick vid...

Last edited:

Jhoussock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After two days my pump seems to start sucking air and blowing bubbles out the return...what’s the deal? I have a tunze ato in its way, hoping this rectifies the issue with a more responsive ato. Should I be ok once I install this? the water level at the top of the display stays at the top of the overflow but the return pump section of the pump seems to get too low. The ato empties in two days so it’s definitly working but even if I keep it filled the level gets to low in the return. Almost like my ato isn’t keeping up

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I noticed is when I had the reservoir filled there seemed to be more pressure behind the float and thus, i encountered what you are encountering. I got rid of it I favor of a 17g rv water tankxand the tunze. I can go 17 days now in the winter without refilling.

Jhoussock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I noticed is when I had the reservoir filled there seemed to be more pressure behind the float and thus, i encountered what you are encountering. I got rid of it I favor of a 17g rv water tankxand the tunze. I can go 17 days now in the winter without refilling.
Hmmm that makes sense as I think if I fill it every day keeping it above half way the problem doesn’t happen...I’ll have to test that out until the tunze gets here

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Those of you with a smaller RS tank (nano, 170, ect) placed on hardwood flooring. Did you notice that vibrations are carried up from the floor into the tank? Is it normal for some of that to happen? I have only ever had a tank on concrete, this is my first time setting one up on hardwood floors. When my return pump is running you cant tell. When its off and when i was filling the tank i noticed the water would move when i walked near the tank. Nothing crazzy but deffinitely a transfer of vibration up through the stand into the tank.

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like it there are a lot of bad reviews for that pump.

The majority of those were before they redesigned the pump. I had 2 bad ones due to impeller swelling and they were replaced with no questions asked. Their customer service is great and that’s what kept me coming back. They also handle issues (if any) with Nyos, of which I have their 160 skimmer.

CoralDanimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow Red Sea Reefers! I'm upgrading from a RSR Nano to RSR 170. I know..not much of an upgrade but I live in an apartment and the extra real estate will help buy me another year of coral growth and 6" of extra swimming room for my favorite fish friends. Quick question for those who already have a 170: do you think this custom sump would work? Crystal Reef Aquatics RSR 250 Triton Reef Sump

The dimensions are: 19 3/8 x 16.5 x 16
While the 170 tank dimensions are 24.5 x 20 x 20, I'm sure the interior of the stand is smaller due to the stand itself as well as the door hinges. Does anyone know whether this custom sump would fit? It would be much appreciated if someone could measure for me :D

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow Red Sea Reefers! I'm upgrading from a RSR Nano to RSR 170. I know..not much of an upgrade but I live in an apartment and the extra real estate will help buy me another year of coral growth and 6" of extra swimming room for my favorite fish friends. Quick question for those who already have a 170: do you think this custom sump would work? Crystal Reef Aquatics RSR 250 Triton Reef Sump

The dimensions are: 19 3/8 x 16.5 x 16
While the 170 tank dimensions are 24.5 x 20 x 20, I'm sure the interior of the stand is smaller due to the stand itself as well as the door hinges. Does anyone know whether this custom sump would fit? It would be much appreciated if someone could measure for me :D

I've not seen any of those sumps in person, I have looked at them a time or two. I don't think you can wrong with that as a replacement.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back