EHaddad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Reef OCTO 200int Elite on my XXL 750. Had it running almost a year super beast, skims perfectly, have not had one glitch with it. My second reef octopus had a 110 on my 125g that’s why I bought another one.
I’m eyeing one of those Red Sea skimmers, might be worth the wait, for the price :))
Paid 850$ for mine now they are 650$ while Red Sea is priced at 549$ for the RSK-900. Saying Jan 14th in stock, if you go that route let me know might switch mine out :)))

Do you have a build thread?

ScottW

Manchester United
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Swapping out my Bubble King Double Cone 150 for a Bubble King Mini 160 gen 3. I need more room in my trigger sump. It’s literally the entire chamber so I can’t use the probe holders. I hate swapping this out, I’m getting motor oil black cup filled every 4 days. But I need the room.

EHaddad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do, but not sure how to post a link in the response. Here is the name of the build thread, hope that helps. Let me know if you find it.
Dan’s Red Sea XXL 750 Build

Holy Crap! That’s an impressive build. Maybe down the road I’ll be able to do something like that but for now I’m still learning but that is a beautiful build and tank!

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any Reefer 525xl owners out there who can tell me the exterior dimensions of the stand at the base? I see the tank is 59 x 22.6” but Red Sea doesn’t list the dimensions of the stand itself. Need to know if it will fit on a custom level pedestal I built. Thank you!

jwt1603

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any Reefer 525xl owners out there who can tell me the exterior dimensions of the stand at the base? I see the tank is 59 x 22.6” but Red Sea doesn’t list the dimensions of the stand itself. Need to know if it will fit on a custom level pedestal I built. Thank you!

You mean allowing for the recessed area under the doors or the overall dimensions? Either way I can get that for you later today when I get home.

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You mean allowing for the recessed area under the doors or the overall dimensions? Either way I can get that for you later today when I get home.

Yes - the dimensions of the perimeter that makes contact with the floor. Thank you!!!

jwt1603

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - the dimensions of the perimeter that makes contact with the floor. Thank you!!!

The stand actually rests on small "feet". The panels of the cabinet itself don't touch on the floor. Those feet are mounted on the bottom of the outside (right and left) panels. That puts them at 59 inches. (And a couple in the center but those don't really matter for your question). The overall front to back side dimension is 22 and 5/8 inches, including the door panels. The side base of the cabinet is 21 and 7/8 inches. There are three feet on each side panel. One in the center and the other two are located 3 and 3/8 inches in from the front and back. So the actual true contact foot print is 59 inches side to side and roughly 15 and 1/8 inches inches front to back.

I would definitely allow some extra room around the edges just to be safe though. Those dimensions for the location of the feet are to center so they are a bit wider than that. Hope that helps. PM me if you have any questions.

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The stand actually rests on small "feet". The panels of the cabinet itself don't touch on the floor. Those feet are mounted on the bottom of the outside (right and left) panels. That puts them at 59 inches. (And a couple in the center but those don't really matter for your question). The overall front to back side dimension is 22 and 5/8 inches, including the door panels. The side base of the cabinet is 21 and 7/8 inches. There are three feet on each side panel. One in the center and the other two are located 3 and 3/8 inches in from the front and back. So the actual true contact foot print is 59 inches side to side and roughly 15 and 1/8 inches inches front to back.

I would definitely allow some extra room around the edges just to be safe though. Those dimensions for the location of the feet are to center so they are a bit wider than that. Hope that helps. PM me if you have any questions.

Thank you!!! I cannot tell you how helpful this detailed write up is for me. Very much appreciate you taking the time to do this. Thanks again!

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just joined the club! Reefer 350 Deluxe! We moved states a few months ago and I had to give away my 120g tank and stand and livestock I couldn’t sell in time. Really hated to do that. Decided to go Red Sea this time. Can’t wait to set it up. I haven’t set up a brand new tank from scratch since 2008 since all my changes have been upgrades with existing rock and livestock. Going to be fun!

7B98E8B9-2C99-464D-9FAC-B1F39714DE1D.jpeg

Diablo2112

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to pass along an important tip for those with the Red Sea Reefers. I have a Reefer 450, it's been great. Set it up a year ago, so far, so good.

That said, here's my single most important piece of advice: there's a regular maintainence item you need to pay very close attention to, the sump float for the top-off water. IMHO, this is the weakest point in the Red Sea Series. That float WILL clog, and when it does, things can go south quickly, with the pump soon cavitating and then no more circulation. If this happens when you're not at home, you've got a problem. It happened to me twice in the first 4 months, before I began the following:

Now, every week, I remove the rubber supply hose from the top off reservoir and I blow strongly through the hose while holding the float valve down. This clears any crude from the small pinhole in the float. Usually, you'll feel a bit of resistance as the valve clears, then you can blow strongly. You'll quickly get a feel for what a cleared valve sounds and feels like. Do this every week. Since then, I've not had any float problems.

I highly recommend you add this simple procedure to your regular maintainence tasks. :)

Last edited:

jwt1603

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to pass along an important tip for those with the Red Sea Reefers. I have a Reefer 450, it's been great. Set it up a year ago, so far, so good.

That said, here's my single most important piece of advice: there's a regular maintainence item you need to pay very close attention to, the sump float for the top-off water. IMHO, this is the weakest point in the Red Sea Series. That float WILL clog, and when it does, things can go south quickly, with the pump soon cavitating and then no more circulation. If this happens when you're not at home, you've got a problem. It happened to me twice in the first 4 months, before I began the following:

Now, every week, I remove the rubber supply hose from the top off reservoir and I blow strongly through the hose while holding the float valve down. This clears any crude from the small pinhole in the float. Usually, you'll feel a bit of resistance as the valve clears, then you can blow strongly. You'll quickly get a feel for what a cleared valve sounds and feels like. Do this every week. Since then, I've not had any float problems.

I highly recommend you add this simple procedure to your regular maintainence tasks. :)

As aside note, I heard about the float line clogging. I took the assembly apart and manually used a drill bit slightly larger to open the flow port more. Did the few months I used the stock ATO it seemed to work well. I must admit I agree about the st I ATO. It’s the week link. It doesn’t hold nearly enough water. I travel a lot for work and the reservoir only holds enough for about 3 days on my 525.

Back