jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know everyone is changing ato. wonder were/how you place new one? any pictures?

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20 gal right next to the cabinet. Lasts about a week or more depending on time of year.
7ad0da6177ae8a59fa7389a9cdc603be.jpg

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 blown out 750XXLs on the Red Sea facebook group.. they are in the 13-18mo time frame. 2 are separate posts 1 is a reply to the most recent post. That's not good.

Curious if there's any pictures posted. I don't have a FB account but I am curious to see what has been posted. Cheers thanks.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious if there's any pictures posted. I don't have a FB account but I am curious to see what has been posted. Cheers thanks.

This was posted on FB. FWiW, Red Sea locked the thread and deleted another.

This was the persons tank prior to the blowout.
71EB99D7-1FED-4D11-8ADF-5797AA6F9D84.jpeg

Post blow out
DC698347-C595-46C7-A021-D0063DDED347.jpeg

12023837-B371-412D-9115-35E4969AA154.jpeg

3424291C-BE6F-4AE3-9FE5-602C041DAD00.jpeg

ESAYARKAY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s like the third xxl reefer that’s blown in the past couple of weeks.
Actually, that's not the case. One of them was a comment on the original post and it wasn't even a Red Sea tank.
As far as this particular Reefer is concerned: He said that he lost $5,000 worth of corals where are the pictures? He said he had a lot of wet equipment where is it? Where's the wet floor with a flood on it? Where is the cabinet? Where is the tank on top of the cabinet?
All we see here is a tank & equipment on the back of someone's truck.
This so called "blown tank" story has a whole lot of holes.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since Red Sea locked and deleted other threads regarding these 750 blow outs we will never know. You can play what ever conspiracy theory stuff to death.. but those pictures show what was a maturing growing tank.

Did the person take lots of pictures while trying to save everything they could? I know I would be to busy trying to save everything than worrying about pictures.

Hind sight it’s easy to point at should have, could have, would have.. but in the heat of the moment.. survival kicks in and you just get things done.

ESAYARKAY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since Red Sea locked and deleted other threads regarding these 750 blow outs we will never know. You can play what ever conspiracy theory stuff to death.. but those pictures show what was a maturing growing tank.

Did the person take lots of pictures while trying to save everything they could? I know I would be to busy trying to save everything than worrying about pictures.

Hind sight it’s easy to point at should have, could have, would have.. but in the heat of the moment.. survival kicks in and you just get things done.
Red Sea didn't delete any thread. The one that was locked was done so after Red Sea saw the post and got right onto the situation. They commented with the correct avenue to go about this. The OP had already gotten a lot of useful advice and the trolls weren't adding anything positive to the situation.

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was this one of their stock reservoir containers or a custom job?

Also what ATO pump are you using with it? If you can post some pictures it would be greatly appreciated.

It was a custom made container to fit the space. The ATO used is the Tunze 3155, no pictures available but it’s a pretty popular one.

jugl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reefer 350 will be arriving Monday. It's my first "big" tank, coming from a JBJ 20 gallon cube.

I've done a lot of reading and I see a lot of people replacing the soft plumbing with PVC. I'm still learning when it comes to plumbing so a lot of the information is a bit overwhelming.

Could anyone suggest what a beginner should do, if any, in terms of upgrading the plumbing before I build out the tank? Thanks!

adrianr514

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reefer 350 will be arriving Monday. It's my first "big" tank, coming from a JBJ 20 gallon cube.

I've done a lot of reading and I see a lot of people replacing the soft plumbing with PVC. I'm still learning when it comes to plumbing so a lot of the information is a bit overwhelming.

Could anyone suggest what a beginner should do, if any, in terms of upgrading the plumbing before I build out the tank? Thanks!

I’d definitely upgrade the diaphragm valve into a gate valve.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
W
Red Sea didn't delete any thread. The one that was locked was done so after Red Sea saw the post and got right onto the situation. They commented with the correct avenue to go about this. The OP had already gotten a lot of useful advice and the trolls weren't adding anything positive to the situation.
Yes, that thread is still there and locked. I did say they locked a thread. 2 other threads that were started afterwards and are now gone. I can’t prove it and won’t try. So by you saying that they didn’t delete anything is kinda silly.. you just never saw those posts before they were removed. I don’t care if you believe me or not. This bantering changes nothing. At least 2 and I have heard of a third Red Sea 750 has failed. And that worries me as I have a 625 and it has less adhesive sealing the tank on the side panels than the 750.

ESAYARKAY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
W

Yes, that thread is still there and locked. I did say they locked a thread. 2 other threads that were started afterwards and are now gone. I can’t prove it and won’t try. So by you saying that they didn’t delete anything is kinda silly.. you just never saw those posts before they were removed. I don’t care if you believe me or not. This bantering changes nothing. At least 2 and I have heard of a third Red Sea 750 has failed. And that worries me as I have a 625 and it has less adhesive sealing the tank on the side panels than the 750.
I will show you the respect that you haven't shown in kind.
That being said, I can tell you that Red Sea didn't delete anything because I'm an Admin of the group. The posts that were deleted, were actually deleted by the OP himself, which is quite interesting in and of itself.
While I understand your worry, it's important to understand that the circumstances behind this particular incident are still under investigation so I suggest not worrying until you have more information.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will show you the respect that you haven't shown in kind.
;Wideyed

That being said, I can tell you that Red Sea didn't delete anything because I'm an Admin of the group.
Now I understand why you are defending them so much. ;Facepalm

While I understand your worry, it's important to understand that the circumstances behind this particular incident are still under investigation so I suggest not worrying until you have more information.
And Red Sea will never say what happened so all we can ever do is speculate and be concerned that our tanks could suffer the same catastrophic failure.

I’m not a Red Sea groupie or fanboy. I own one and find this entire thing disheartening. It wasn’t cheap and if it fails my home will get wreaked. Yes, I have insurance but I shouldn’t have to plan on needing it. It’s there in case I need it.

It’s in Red Sea’s ballpark. It’s Red Sea’s job to put it’s customers minds at ease. My mind is NOT at ease.

Last edited:

ESAYARKAY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;Wideyed

Now I understand why you are defending them so much. ;Facepalm

And Red Sea will never say what happened so all we can ever do is speculate and be concerned that our tanks could suffer the same catastrophic failure.

I’m not a Red Sea groupie or fanboy. I own one and find this entire thing disheartening. It wasn’t cheap and if it fails my home will get wreaked. Yes, I have insurance but I shouldn’t have to plan on needing it. It’s there in case I need it.

It’s in Red Sea’s ballpark. It’s Red Sea’s job to put it’s customers minds at ease. My mind is NOT at ease.
Respectfully, I think you are actually misunderstanding my intention completely.
I am certainly not defending as there is nothing to defend from. I am merely stating facts.

As far as you finding it disheartening, if you choose to feel so without knowing all the details involved, including the ones not made public by the OP, you have every right to choose to feel whatever emotion you want.

I have no idea whether Red Sea will disclose this individual's circumstances and that's their prerogative. I also have no idea if this individual will disclose all the missing details on his end. All we can do is speculate about that, as well.

As it seems that you are so obviously distraught with anxiety about your tank and you desire to be put at ease by Red Sea, I suggest you reach out to them with your concerns and fears. I'm quite certain you would feel more confident and understand things a bit differently.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 23 79.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.9%
Back