dantimdad

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Yeah, side/back wall of the stand. I may try and drill then brace just in case… maybe glue in PVC to add a little extra support?

@Broadfield used bulkhead fittings to make it look finished, and, I suspect this does add a bit of strength as well.

Avast

Nburg

High-Rise Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
@Broadfield used bulkhead fittings to make it look finished, and, I suspect this does add a bit of strength as well.
good idea. I have some bulkheads missing gaskets that would be perfect.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
good idea. I have some bulkheads missing gaskets that would be perfect.

I am removing the entire center divider and building a steel frame around the front then putting the center door on with magnets.

It will take all the bowing issues away and give me lots of room under the tank since I am using a fijicube 36 sump for the 625xxl and the two 30x30x10 tanks that will share the sump.

OCDean

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I’m looking to plumb in a small frag tank to my Reefer 450… anyone know if drilling a 1” hole in the side or back wall (plus sealing the exposed wood) would be okay or is it not a good idea to mess with a load bearing wall?
Drilled the divider wall in my 525xl cabinet no problems. Made two 1.5" holes easy-peasy. Then I painted the inside of the holes black, and used a plastic wire grommet to finish it off. Applied some silicone around the edges. Looks pro!

Probably wise to stay away from the edges like someone else said.
cabinet.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics

MadoshiNatsu

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I'm almost at the 6 month mark on my Reefer 250. Things are going well and the tank is settling in. Now only if my Elegance Coral would stop killing my all my snails....
IMG_1482999956.468767.jpg

I just added a 7 gallon refugium yesterday. I had the Reefdreams baffle kit but found that it crowded an already small space.
IMG_1482999982.943566.jpg

Next project will be installing hard plumbing and some reactors (as long as the commander allows it).
Hello !!
I hope you are still on this forum :)
I would like to do the same refugium in for my red sea reefer 250 and I would like to know how you made with the in and out of refugium. You may use a pump to get the water in but witch model or how many liters to up ? Where do you put the pump ?
And the output of the refugium ? did you make a whole in the refugium ?
Maybe you have picture of it ?
I will raise the tank up to 25 cm...

If someone did the same refugium answers can be given as well :)
Kind regards !

BRS

What do you use?

• Gfo

Votes: 23 6.4%
  • Carbon

Votes: 133 36.9%
  • Carbon & GFO

Votes: 117 32.5%
  • Water changes

Votes: 245 68.1%
Vivid