ArmyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping someone can help me out, just recently hard plumbed 2 aqua maxx media reactors to my red sea 450. How do I wash the media before letting it run into the sump? I used to bull the BRS reactor line out and have it go into a bucket. Thanks.

adrianr514

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping someone can help me out, just recently hard plumbed 2 aqua maxx media reactors to my red sea 450. How do I wash the media before letting it run into the sump? I used to bull the BRS reactor line out and have it go into a bucket. Thanks.

I usually throw the media in a media bag and rinse it under RO water.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, new reefer owner here. I see the 525 has the black interior as does my 425. I thought it would be white inside. @pelphrey isn't yours white? Just curious, white would be a lot easier to see in the cabinet.
Just wondering if I should swap out the plumbing now or live with stock? any thing I should consider before i fill? thanks

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, new reefer owner here. I see the 525 has the black interior as does my 425. I thought it would be white inside. @pelphrey isn't yours white? Just curious, white would be a lot easier to see in the cabinet.
Just wondering if I should swap out the plumbing now or live with stock? any thing I should consider before i fill? thanks

Mine is white both in and out, they changed that at some point. I got lucky!

My stock plumbing worked perfectly for a year or two. Once the RedSea gate valve needed regular adjustments I swapped it out!

AwildcatsZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone with a Reefer 250 provide the dimensions of the sump portion of the stand? I know the overall dimensions from online, but nobody seems to post the inside “storage” dimensions.

Thank you!

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefer 250 stand dimensions (interior dimensions)

17” front to back

33.5” left to right

29.5” tall

Now the real dimensions

15 5/8” before you hit a door hinge front to back

31 3/4” hinge to hinge left to right

27 1/4” tall before the top brace

Last edited:

AwildcatsZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefer 250 stand dimensions

17” front to back

33.5” left to right

29.5” tall

Now the real dimensions

15 5/8” before you hit a door hinge front to back

31 3/4” hinge to hinge left to right

27 1/4” tall before the top brace
Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for!

Travis Wagner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Vectra M1 seems to be running out of oomph to supply my manifold (uv, carbon, gfo) and tank return. I’d like to add to the manifold plumbing for my refugium but I feel it will be too much demand. What would you recommend- purchase a larger L2 pump OR purchase an additional smaller pump to run a separately plumbed line for the refugium?

adrianr514

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Vectra M1 seems to be running out of oomph to supply my manifold (uv, carbon, gfo) and tank return. I’d like to add to the manifold plumbing for my refugium but I feel it will be too much demand. What would you recommend- purchase a larger L2 pump OR purchase an additional smaller pump to run a separately plumbed line for the refugium?

Either option works however I've always been a fan of multiple pumps. One dedicated as the return and another dedicated for the manifold. Since you already have one I'd just add another M1/2

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either option works however I've always been a fan of multiple pumps. One dedicated as the return and another dedicated for the manifold. Since you already have one I'd just add another M1/2

I would second this!

Grigs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys I'm planning the build for the 250 and would appreciate your input on pumps. I'm planning on going bare bottom with a lot of flow so I can try to cater this tank more towards SPS.

Return pump: Syncra SDC 9.0
I am running in my other tank (able to swap if needed) and will provide more than enough flow to support multiple reactors without diminishing my return flow. I am thinking of using a biopellet reactor (Reef Octopus 110)to replace the need for a refugium.

Powerheads: 2 WAV's for powerheads
I'm already running 4 WAV's in other tank

Does anyone see a fatal flaw in my pumping strategy? WAAAY too much flow?

adrianr514

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys I'm planning the build for the 250 and would appreciate your input on pumps. I'm planning on going bare bottom with a lot of flow so I can try to cater this tank more towards SPS.

Return pump: Syncra SDC 9.0
I am running in my other tank (able to swap if needed) and will provide more than enough flow to support multiple reactors without diminishing my return flow. I am thinking of using a biopellet reactor (Reef Octopus 110)to replace the need for a refugium.

Powerheads: 2 WAV's for powerheads
I'm already running 4 WAV's in other tank

Does anyone see a fatal flaw in my pumping strategy? WAAAY too much flow?

If you're going to be using WAVs I'm assuming you will be running a Neptune. If you are I'd just go with a Neptune Cor. If you're just going to repurpose the Sicce then you're fine as you can adjust the flow if it's too much.

If you're going for an SPS dominant tank then you should shoot for 40x-60x turn over rate. The WAVs alone will exceed this requirement. You should be fine.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back