ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, Ive decided that while Im moving the tank into the new house, Im also going to switch up my lighting. Ive been running an ATI Sunpower (8x80w) for the last 2+ years and while I love it, I really really want to use some Radions. Since I have the room in my budget to do so, I picked up 3 - XF-15s with the intention of running them in a hybrid T5 fixture. One the 525, Im thinking I may need a fourth to fill out the tank completely for SPS. Has anyone else run this kind of setup before?

Travis Wagner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, Ive decided that while Im moving the tank into the new house, Im also going to switch up my lighting. Ive been running an ATI Sunpower (8x80w) for the last 2+ years and while I love it, I really really want to use some Radions. Since I have the room in my budget to do so, I picked up 3 - XF-15s with the intention of running them in a hybrid T5 fixture. One the 525, Im thinking I may need a fourth to fill out the tank completely for SPS. Has anyone else run this kind of setup before?

I’m contemplating a similar setup to you on my 525. I’ve currently got three XR30’s on it for the past year and it has been doing well as far as coverage of the interior. Which hybrid fixture are you considering?

Romar Guillermo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What sump are you running on your RSReefer 250? Im tired of the cube & i cant fit my Trigger Systems Triton Sump 34 x 15 x 15". Just a tad bit too long. The stand sits at like 33.5"

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting the utility cabinet wired in and all labeled.
34EA0756-08EA-4AC8-A603-94B8CC7E698F.jpeg

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could anyone suggest what a beginner should do, if any, in terms of upgrading the plumbing before I build out the tank? Thanks!

curious to know what you did with your plumbing, did you keep the soft line or go PVC? Any other changes you made? I get my 350 next week.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
curious to know what you did with your plumbing, did you keep the soft line or go PVC? Any other changes you made? I get my 350 next week.
If you're a beginner - 'keep it simple'. Just install the basic system. IMO - good luck with the tank - I'm sure you'll be happy.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@New&no clue I agree with @MnFish1 a lot of these plumbing jobs you see on this website with REEFER tanks is quite advanced. You should be happy with the stock plumbing and if you want to change things up later you will still be able to.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MnFish1 & @powers2001 I mostly agree with you, however, what do you think about adding a ball valve, or gate valve between the return pump and flex tubing? Or again best just keep as is?
No need for a valve. However a Union is a nice item to have. The union will allow you to quickly disconnect the pump from the tank. Since I don’t know which pump you have many have a union style connector already on them. So if you have this already, no need for anything else.

Jeff Heinle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pulled my RSR V3 sump out today, cut the filter sock area out and plumbed in a Calrisea SK-5000 filter roller. The roller has already started rolling out the nasty stuff. Very pleased so far.
New2.jpg
You have any addition pics and instructions? Was it taught to cut out? I have not gotten my tank yet, but when I do I plan to do this same thing!

Jhoussock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys I need help...I went to replace my gate valve and know my down pipe from my tank into the bulk head won’t seal. I’ve tried tape and right now I have a reef safe thread sealer on the threads of the pipe and I siliconed the outside of the bulk head....it’s still dripping steadily out. Is there some kind of fast drying sealer I can use? Also how bad is it that I have water dripping out of the uncured silicon into the sump? Is that enough contact to hurt livestock/corals? Here’s a video of the leak.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Guys I need help...I went to replace my gate valve and know my down pipe from my tank into the bulk head won’t seal. I’ve tried tape and right now I have a reef safe thread sealer on the threads of the pipe and I siliconed the outside of the bulk head....it’s still dripping steadily out. Is there some kind of fast drying sealer I can use? Also how bad is it that I have water dripping out of the uncured silicon into the sump? Is that enough contact to hurt livestock/corals? Here’s a video of the leak.

It is either vinegar or ammonia (depending on what you used) - and probably a small amount - but it won't seal if its still leaking. I would let it drip into the sump - at this point (right - its not leaking on the floor, etc) - and it cant leak any more than the water flowing up from the return??) - and I would talk to redsea and try to figure out why it doesnt fit. Good Luck.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
PS make sure nothing is leaking behind the sump into the cabinet - or you can have problems.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

BTW - didnt you already start another thread - it gets confusing when you ask in 2 different places (though Imt sure you're worried)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 65 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back