Rudzbrewski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its changed since back then- red sea ships it glued together I believe. Either piece will work but you need to be able to remove the barb fitting. 42221 is preferable.
So are the dimensions of the Union type part and threads the same it’s the barb fitting piece that differs?

melanotaenia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RSR 170 with X30 Pro and 2 AI Prime HD, GHL for Dosing, Deltec for skimming, no fuge, no reactors, weekly water changes.

IMG_1844.JPG

RaymondsWorlddd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@RaymondsWorlddd I don't believe it's the o-ring set. O-rings aren't washers. This is a rubber washer it's in a circle but it's not quite symmetrical per say. If you lay it flat on one side it's wider on one side than the other.
Did you check the other link? Maybe it’s that. But that says it’s for a Red Sea Max but it looks the same as my RSR

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Carlon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the tread so forgive me if I am asking something already discussed. I am building a custom stand for a 750 that I was able to get my hands on. The width on the stand is going to support the front glass panel unlike the RS stand. Do you think this build will stand the test of time? The plan is 3/4 sanded pine with the two 2x6's for the extra support. All attached with #10 1 1/2 inch.

750 xxl stand build.png

thewalkingdad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, (so glad I found this thread)

I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a 750, but have a few questions. My DT will be in my office and the sump/equipment will be in the basement directly beneath it. I have pipes already going through the wall to connect the two rooms. I also have my own Trigger Platinum 39 sump ready to go, so I won't need the included sump.

Is it possible to configure the 750 to have the 3-pipe overflow setup (Bean Animal style)?

Is it possible to configure the 750 to support two independent return lines? I have two return pumps and don't want to merge those pipes going back into the tank.

Any help would be huge.

DukeSilver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I have a question I hate to ask because I know the answer is somewhere in these 403 pages, but I'm going to stop and ask for directions.

I'm currently custom plumbing a new Reefer 350 with the V3 sump. What fittings do I need to connect to the 3 bulkheads (overflow and downspout, return)?

I've found a few answers from a few years ago and I'm not sure if the information is outdated. 3/4 male adapter with a lot of tape? for all 3?

Thanks for the help!

Rudzbrewski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I have a question I hate to ask because I know the answer is somewhere in these 403 pages, but I'm going to stop and ask for directions.

I'm currently custom plumbing a new Reefer 350 with the V3 sump. What fittings do I need to connect to the 3 bulkheads (overflow and downspout, return)?

I've found a few answers from a few years ago and I'm not sure if the information is outdated. 3/4 male adapter with a lot of tape? for all 3?

Thanks for the help!

It depends what method you’re using to customize it.

Using 3 part #42221 with the barb removed (part #42222 no longer removable) and a 3/4” male thread to 1” slip with some Teflon tape wraps allows you to revert back to standard plumbing if needed. No permanent/irreversible modifications are required. There are other options that include cementing pieces together or cutting stock plumbing that may have less risk of leak. Personal preference on how you want to do it and your thoughts. I’ve seen build threads that look very successful that have used both.

DukeSilver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response. I should only have to order 2 of the #42221 then. It looks like it came one. Does this seem correct?

Edit: guessing the part that came with it is 42222 because the nozzle doesnt remove. N 3 then...

Using 3 part #42221 with the barb removed (part #42222 no longer removable) and a 3/4” male thread to 1” slip with some Teflon tape wraps allows you to revert back to standard plumbing if needed.

Last edited:

Rudzbrewski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response. I should only have to order 2 of the #42221 then. It looks like it came one. Does this seem correct?

Edit: guessing the part that came with it is 42222 because the nozzle doesnt remove. N 3 then...

2 or 3 depends on your personal plan, but I can say my return for the xl425 is not removable. I looked all over for the part #42221 vs #42222 and Red Sea confirmed the #42222 is no longer removable and the dimensions for the piece that connects to the stock overflow sections are the same.

Hasted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got everyone and everything transferred over. Racks for now until I get flow right. Then its glue down and grow time!

Anyone with some under cabinet advice? Next things to tackle are:
Wire management, hanging controllers, lighting (auto?), storage.

Then on to fuge.

20200805_150902.jpg

kartrsu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got my reefer 250 set up yesterday. Had a question about the silencer pipe, but is the height of it supposed to be above that of the emergency drain? Doesn’t seem to be right but just checking. Does the water overflow the white plastic circular mouth? Thanks

Alenya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got my reefer 250 set up yesterday. Had a question about the silencer pipe, but is the height of it supposed to be above that of the emergency drain? Doesn’t seem to be right but just checking. Does the water overflow the white plastic circular mouth? Thanks

I had the same surprise when I set mine up, but the water overflows a pipe further down in the silencer.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back