Aezeeazil

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know or Heard of red sea reefer 250 A? I didn't come across this particular model on red sea website.

I was offered the 250A after the red sea team assessed that my tank is a risk having a large airpocket in the silicon seams of the tank. Currently I owned the 250 v3 sump with the concrete cabinet.

ShaneJT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The "A" series has thicker side glass (same thickness as front glass) and has corner molds inside the tank so there is more silicone holding the whole thing together. Cabinets also have adjustable feet like the larger setups.

LeprechaunReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The "A" series has thicker side glass (same thickness as front glass) and has corner molds inside the tank so there is more silicone holding the whole thing together. Cabinets also have adjustable feet like the larger setups.
Does this only apply to certain size tanks or is it all models?

ajtomase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I new about this before I got my reefer 625xxl a few months ago
1617039543614.png
What made you choose the 625 over the 750? I'm on the fence between the two for my first tank.

ajtomase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my Reefer XXL 625. Still cycling the tank before adding anything. Ran across this thread looking to see if I could find anyone who made a siphon break in the return line to the display tank. Anybody know the best way to accomplish this?

20201006_132653.jpg
20201006_162602.jpg
20200913_144054.jpg
What made you choose the 625 over the 750? I'm on the fence between the two for my first tank.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This carpenter guy makes some cool videos. But I think I found one I can really use. My Reefer is taken down right now but before I did it the tank or stand leaned forward. The actual water level was lower in the front than the back although it could’ve been caused by an unleveled floor. In any case this fix in the video should help.

NanoSteam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 250 V3A is all up and running with both lights now going through cycle. (i'm keeping lights off but wanted to see what it looks like).

I've had a hard time finding out what's new for the 250 "A" version as it's not exactly documented by Red Sea. At least I can't find anything.

I'm not running anything fancy, just a Curve 5 skimmer, my heater /w inkbird, 2 Nero 3's, Sicce Syncra silent 3.0 and the stock ATO (for now).

EDIT: I do see it was mentioned above the "A" version has the thicker side glass and bottom glass with additional silicone BUT it definitely did not have adjustable feet.

IMG_0579.JPG

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a used 625XXL last night.

Will be starting a build thread for it and my fish building soon!

I already modded the stand with a steel reinforcement and ordered metric to imperial adapters for the drains.

Coug92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 425xl and got tired of cleaning filter socks. I found that stuffing the four Red Sea media cups with loose filter floss works great and you just throw it out once a week or so. Media cups can be bought separately. I buy a large bag of it on Amazon for 15 bucks or so and it lasts a couple months. Looks like a large cotton ball and you just pull off the amount you need. I can send link if you ask for it.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know of an acrylic fabricator that carries an ato reservoir that sits beside the Reefer 250 stock sump and takes up all the room as possible? I want a FW reservoir in the cabinet that lasts as long without filling as the space will allow.

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know of an acrylic fabricator that carries an ato reservoir that sits beside the Reefer 250 stock sump and takes up all the room as possible? I want a FW reservoir in the cabinet that lasts as long without filling as the space will allow.
Its actually not hard to do yourself if you have a plastic supply shop cut the parts for you. Acrylic is expensive. Its not like siliconizing glass. Its glue and goes together quick. . I have built sumps before. A plastic supply shop would probably assemble it for you for a fee. This way you can make it to your custom size.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its actually not hard to do yourself if you have a plastic supply shop cut the parts for you. Acrylic is expensive. Its not like siliconizing glass. Its glue and goes together quick. . I have built sumps before. A plastic supply shop would probably assemble it for you for a fee. This way you can make it to your custom size.
@Jeffcb thanks Jeff, I think I found an acrylics shop near me.

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to plumb in a small frag tank to my Reefer 450… anyone know if drilling a 1” hole in the side or back wall (plus sealing the exposed wood) would be okay or is it not a good idea to mess with a load bearing wall?

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to plumb in a small frag tank to my Reefer 450… anyone know if drilling a 1” hole in the side or back wall (plus sealing the exposed wood) would be okay or is it not a good idea to mess with a load bearing wall?

If you mean the stand, a 1" hole isn't going to make much difference. Just make sure it's at least a hole diameter away from all edges to avoid splitting. (and even this isn't really necessary)

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you mean the stand, a 1" hole isn't going to make much difference. Just make sure it's at least a hole diameter away from all edges to avoid splitting. (and even this isn't really necessary)
Yeah, side/back wall of the stand. I may try and drill then brace just in case… maybe glue in PVC to add a little extra support?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back