Show off them bounce mushrooms

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a true idea of why this happens if not any theory’s? I read various reasons from uv light to water quality but there’s no 100% answer. Just wanted to hear others opinions.
I’m not sure there’s a definitive answer but some have pointed to LED lights being the trigger.

Welcome to reefing! Where 80% of it is anecdotal or someone’s best guess!

Probably just a random mutation that people singled out and propagated- like French bulldogs.

I will say that I have a prolific collection of Rock Flower Anemones under powerful LED lighting and I have gotten some “bounce” tentacles. I also had a weird mutation where there were basically two conjoined rock flowers where one was growing inside the other on top giving it the appearance of a rose. I just went and looked and it appears to be gone. It only made it to the size of a quarter so I’d guess it died (ya know, from being malformed) but it’s possible it just moved. Maybe I’ll see more of them. If I did, I could take them, place them in their own tank, feed them, collect the babies that shared the mutation and move them, etc until I was able to reliably produce them.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back