Show off them bounce mushrooms

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a big difference between a 'generic' og, and an og that is from say WWC for example? I have always wondered if there is a noticeable difference or if they are just able to price it higher with the lineage? Nice pics so far, and following along
In my opinion
Its the lineage that makes the difference, you can recognise this by the bounce size, colour and fingers.
Generic og just grow wierd and not full of life.

OP
OP
L

lopez052308

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have yet to pull the trigger on any I created this thread to show and see how awesome these mushrooms are. I will definitely try to get ahold of one soon. They’re pretty hard to find in stores here and if they do have them the 250$+. But seeing how awesome they are from all of you guys I don’t see why not to buy a few. Cant take it with you lol.

BASEDVXO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
80C0806B-EDCC-44F2-8584-2E9BB5F1946C.jpeg

I was moving some of my mushroom around this morning and took a picture of this guy right here

ExtremeCorals

#1 Online Coral Colony Website in the US
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about pulling the trigger soon on some nice bounces. Anyone have any sweet pics they can share?

thanks
I’m not a photographer. This is a temporary tank. They were overcrowding so I glued some gray plugs on to the rock to get them more space. Dog ate my filter. Additional excuses for quality of image, etc.

612429D6-7792-4BE9-AFCE-865673A8BD2B.jpeg

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a big difference between a 'generic' og, and an og that is from say WWC for example? I have always wondered if there is a noticeable difference or if they are just able to price it higher with the lineage? Nice pics so far, and following along
Yeah. So, I’m going to be contradictory and say “no.”

I have 30-40 of them on a rock. Some bounce, some do not. Some have a lot of bubbles and a few are duds.

Getting a great “bouncey” one to start is a good idea but in the end, when you get a colony. Some will bounce and others do not and it’s random.

Labridaedicted

Wrassetastic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. So, I’m going to be contradictory and say “no.”

I have 30-40 of them on a rock. Some bounce, some do not. Some have a lot of bubbles and a few are duds.

Getting a great “bouncey” one to start is a good idea but in the end, when you get a colony. Some will bounce and others do not and it’s random.
Also depends on whether it's a natural split or induced via cutting. I've seen that in most induced splits where a mother is cut to make new shrooms they almost universally bounce.

OP
OP
L

lopez052308

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a true idea of why this happens if not any theory’s? I read various reasons from uv light to water quality but there’s no 100% answer. Just wanted to hear others opinions.

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also depends on whether it's a natural split or induced via cutting. I've seen that in most induced splits where a mother is cut to make new shrooms they almost universally bounce.
That’s interesting and explains it. Cutting probably just makes two clones. I’m “anti-cutting” so all mine just sort of happen. I find they don’t “split” but grow smaller mushrooms around them.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back