Show Off Your Caulastrea, Candy Canes and Trumpets!

trustmeimalawyer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is a showoff thread but what’s everyone’s secret? I have a thriving tank but my candy cane refuses to grow. I started with 2 heads a year ago and it’s still the same size. What gives?

C-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is a showoff thread but what’s everyone’s secret? I have a thriving tank but my candy cane refuses to grow. I started with 2 heads a year ago and it’s still the same size. What gives?

my experience is, they are slow growers, but feed feed feed and good lighting. I have mine in about medium-high lighting, not too much flow, and feed 3x a week with reef roids, phyto, and mysis.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing guys and gals!!

May I ask what you all are doing to get these major growth developments?

How far up in the tank?
Lighting?
Feeding?
Flow?
Super clean tank or a lil dirty?

Thanks in advance! I love my green ones, but other than feeders coming out at night and plumping up slightly since I moved mine up towards the light a little, I am not getting any growth.

I want some fattys!!!
They respond to feeding a lot like acans.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started this thread six months ago, before my tank was set up, to see some different Caulastrea. I am happy to finally be able to share my own small garden. Neon green furcata, red with green mouth furcata and some large purple and blue echinulata. I cannot wait to see how they grow together.

2E7E5D61-74E9-4EDA-9ABE-DEA0CF3DBA5A.jpeg

Back