Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
huh. If they look like that im picking one up with my zoa credit
That's a morning feeding response. I've heard that they're supposed to extend feeding tentacles at night, but this one likes light. It gradually reduces its size (and it's still a good size) by the time that the lights go out.

This one was $90 from Fragbox. I see that they've just about doubled in price over the course of the past year, but I can't disagree that you get a big...HUGE...amount of coral for your money. It takes up about an entire corner of the tank of my Evo when fully expanded.

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

Karen00

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
This is my most expensive coral to date! Not too expensive but I love this guy and it’s getting huge taking up a good portion of my tanks barebottom space.
6CBB00FF-110D-4D2D-8C4D-2C89FEAEA8BA.jpeg
81F7EDE9-3369-4C05-A1EA-C1AEB27D1525.jpeg
Wow!! This is such a gorgeous coral!! I have never seen anything so beautiful!! As a newb..
This is my new goalpost! :)

zuri

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
all my corals come from the $30 frag tank at the local LFS if I have an order coming in I come home for lunch an dispose of the box. trust me people learning that a small box contains enough to outright buy a tesla you're in for trouble

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Wow!! This is such a gorgeous coral!! I have never seen anything so beautiful!! As a newb..
This is my new goalpost! :)
Not the most colorful trachy but I love it and will do anything in my power to keep it alive and with me for decades! This will be the coral I hope to have 10+ years from now and be able to say I got it during my first tank.

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

Uzidaisies

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Not the most colorful trachy but I love it and will do anything in my power to keep it alive and with me for decades! This will be the coral I hope to have 10+ years from now and be able to say I got it during my first tank.
I didn’t realize they got that big! I just got mine about a week ago, it’s the same colors as yours I think, but only 3-4” in diameter. I have a 14g cube, I’m gunna need a bigger tank!

Karen00

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I will be cheering you on for that! :) If a teeny tiny piece should ever come off I want you to know I have a spot reserved for it in my tank. Haha.

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I didn’t realize they got that big! I just got mine about a week ago, it’s the same colors as yours I think, but only 3-4” in diameter. I have a 14g cube, I’m gunna need a bigger tank!
Yeah mine was probably around 3 inches when I got it. Now it’s 6-8” when happy probably. Skeleton is only 4” or so though.
I will be cheering you on for that! :) If a teeny tiny piece should ever come off I want you to know I have a spot reserved for it in my tank. Haha.
I have no clue how these things populate I’m not quite sure they ever really split.

Uzidaisies

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Yeah mine was probably around 3 inches when I got it. Now it’s 6-8” when happy probably. Skeleton is only 4” or so though.

I have no clue how these things populate I’m not quite sure they ever really split.
I’ve read that they can bud new polyps at the base, but I don’t know. Also, that picture had me thinking yours was like a foot across lol. Nice piece.

BRS
BRS

Peninsula Reef Tanks...

• I currently have one

Votes: 23 20.5%
  • I used to have one set up

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I would like to try one in the future

Votes: 61 54.5%
  • No interest

Votes: 23 20.5%
Coral-vault.com