show off your multicolored Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse!

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys and Gals I really would love to see your Lubbock's Fairy Wrasses I know this is a pretty common fairy wrasse but there seems to be a wide variety of coloration on these fish. I am guessing it from where they are collected from.

anyway post a pic or two of your Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse and where it's from in the world if you know.
cheers and lets see some beautiful fish!

Reeferdeluxe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the best pic. But here's mine

Attachments

• 20211213_180305.jpg
    20211213_180305.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 221

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@i cant think has both the Cebu and Indonesian variants. Maybe he can post a few pics for you.
when I’m back from home (If they don’t wake up before I leave) I’ll grab some photos, it’ll be a while but I can also try get some photos of them flashing since they now both do it and it’s not just one.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when I’m back from home (If they don’t wake up before I leave) I’ll grab some photos, it’ll be a while but I can also try get some photos of them flashing since they now both do it and it’s not just one.
I got a photo of the Cebu, I have yet to find the indi though (I saw him last night so he’ll probably still be sleeping).
62471C99-3E8F-45F2-8F82-C765F73B4343.jpeg
3F49F3F6-BC20-4769-930E-6BCE58258052.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys and Gals I really would love to see your Lubbock's Fairy Wrasses I know this is a pretty common fairy wrasse but there seems to be a wide variety of coloration on these fish. I am guessing it from where they are collected from.

anyway post a pic or two of your Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse and where it's from in the world if you know.
cheers and lets see some beautiful fish!
in answer to your question about the colour variants, there are two that are the “Lubbocki airy wrasse” the most common one in photos is the Indonesian variant, when I went into my LFS and saw the Cebu variant I was shocked that that was a lubbocki. I then walked in a few months later and found an Indonesian variant in my LFS. The indo was the wrasse I originally wanted but I had already got an established Cebu variant, I asked if the LFS had ever done the pairing of those two wrasses and they said they had never done it. I ended up getting the indo and taking a risk which somehow is thriving to this day!
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I have found that the indonesian variant is a slower grower or stays smaller compared to the Cebu variant. My Cebu was bought at the same size as my indo was and it grew to 2 inch within a month (He got to 3 inch in about 2 months). My indo Has been with me for about 3 months I think and he’s about 1.5”.

Reeferdeluxe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I have found that the indonesian variant is a slower grower or stays smaller compared to the Cebu variant. My Cebu was bought at the same size as my indo was and it grew to 2 inch within a month (He got to 3 inch in about 2 months). My indo Has been with me for about 3 months I think and he’s about 1.5”.
Agreed my Indonesian Lubbock wrasse has stayed small as well vs. Other wrasse.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed my Indonesian Lubbock wrasse has stayed small as well vs. Other wrasse.
Yeah, the cebu Lubbock’s definitely hit the 3” mark but I don’t think I can ever see my Indonesian hit 3”.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in answer to your question about the colour variants, there are two that are the “Lubbocki airy wrasse” the most common one in photos is the Indonesian variant, when I went into my LFS and saw the Cebu variant I was shocked that that was a lubbocki. I then walked in a few months later and found an Indonesian variant in my LFS. The indo was the wrasse I originally wanted but I had already got an established Cebu variant, I asked if the LFS had ever done the pairing of those two wrasses and they said they had never done it. I ended up getting the indo and taking a risk which somehow is thriving to this day!
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

thanks for the info just what I wanted. sorry for the late replay somehow I miss the updates on the thread.
so it look like I like the colors of the indo i'll keep that in mid with shopping online ( no LFS for may hours drive)

Gobi-Wan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lubbocks I had when my tank was fairly new several years ago. He started getting aggressive with other fish and I didn’t know what I was doing at the time so he eventually went back to the LFS unfortunately

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back