Show off your Secret Santa gifts and say Thanks to your Secret Santa!

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Just got a notice from elfster that my SS was late getting their gift out to me, but it's on it's way now!!

Now for my recipient, according to amazon the package was left at their door last week some time, but no thank you on here or elfster? I did screw up and one package was sent to me, for which I need to repackage and send out.

Maybe my gift giving ideas suck(I definitely spend over the minimum)? But I have never gotten a thank you three years in a row! Almost makes me not want to take part again next year. Heck last year I had to actually PM my recipient just to make sure they got my gift(it was not cheap!)

I don't mind giving, specially to like minded people(reefers)but a small thank you goes a long way.
I know what you mean. One year I didn’t get any acknowledgement that they even got the gift. I had to pm them too. And still didn’t say thanks! Just a yeah, I got it. And I always send something homemade along with other things. It makes it more fun for everyone if they follow the rules and participate.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Just got a notice from elfster that my SS was late getting their gift out to me, but it's on it's way now!!

Now for my recipient, according to amazon the package was left at their door last week some time, but no thank you on here or elfster? I did screw up and one package was sent to me, for which I need to repackage and send out.

Maybe my gift giving ideas suck(I definitely spend over the minimum)? But I have never gotten a thank you three years in a row! Almost makes me not want to take part again next year. Heck last year I had to actually PM my recipient just to make sure they got my gift(it was not cheap!)

I don't mind giving, specially to like minded people(reefers)but a small thank you goes a long way.

I know what you mean. One year I didn’t get any acknowledgement that they even got the gift. I had to pm them too. And still didn’t say thanks! Just a yeah, I got it. And I always send something homemade along with other things. It makes it more fun for everyone if they follow the rules and participate.
Aw, sorry to hear that you guys, if I were ever your pick that definitely won't happen! Fed ex wasn't even out of my driveway before I already was opening and posting my thank you. I'm a 'thanker' though. I like to give thanks!

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I haven't received mine yet, nor have I received any shipping notice on elfster. So I don't know if it hasn't been shipped, been shipped and lost in the mail, delivered and stolen by porch pirates. I am just trying to practice patience.

star-wars-yoda.gif

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yeh, I'm currently in the same boat, delivered last week Monday, with no acknowledgment. Unfortunately, I could only spend the minimum as I'm a full-time student and a single full-time dad, so until I get out of school, money is tight. But I did take the time to include a card and wrap the gift, so it's possible they're waiting till Christmas to open it? I hope they received it, and all is well.

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I got a box today!! THANK YOU Matt/SecretSanta! I’m shocked and very grateful for all the spears fittings and valves needed to set up my 180g! I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!!
thank you thank you! ;Joyful :)
7A49B6FB-6FD5-4DF4-94D6-2123F5A9FB4A.jpeg

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Just got my gift from my Secret Santa!

It's exactly what I needed (Santa always knows........:D).

A flow sensor for when I pull the one installed to clean it (minimize down time and more likely I'll do a good cleaning) and an in line TDS meter (which I've always wanted to get, but never could convince myself to buy..........no idea why, but it's cool!).

dSbdM7YyYdeKg-aQC9BGxUMmWw3arx4aL0TUk6hUj9vJGIpLySuglUT0cbGipJs_a3LEdQtA9CGXwjtn5xgm_-bkIgfTQ7TAlFojcIzSpOCt5L-WgzFAWHJqsfXXuo4jXTiNUoPdwZ2ThHaaQNaNPeCF75_4GzhyE4QU2xzyMwivbFRMZTcg_UWawDAwRco2f5niNqcj3EDHAP5wogLbFjWP2a19cBeNwBxKbQHio3faZgqUPXm__fko6Un1Ro11TjhgSLRUJeUd_jbpnXhKQILDTnmiYrf1inqw-Ksl-8yO0_EbLmJx8PJCE3NfyabgNbY7A3TIAZbm710GG6jgHx4DUCUTZNLwqoIQfRaqb1bPz20hMieHdbqlnGnTjlP-c-njCExk1Q9PmbN79OSDU0Ijw4pVJWVSiEBSRAZ1yua9bTnC6grOV_SN5msH-N1nFCv9wPRV5o5JNc9v3BFUHz4wZ0jD127qUIDR6pZmQBWCWpWKOO97ZjzE6IGyRfW_hV0F9YrbUr4Va5631Qb8KvxEPRINYH5CNyw_kGxakaXmPidDlRPaE002mzYW89_LNXpe8fNkXAISA3T4E6T5Nbd8gCcb8_MiRiVtvuRczqGKQKywqnnnNA27Yaamm6AADaNe8FuuXmnBZIOtxqOMN1s9_MOcwcmsg07vtD6nBfHWnnYwgkS6rfRGspDmkTfpZO4zOqWv5JzaKhOtT_ikp0T0jg=w621-h828-no

Thank you!!!!

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
IMG_20211207_180044943.jpg

Couldn't wait!
WOW Secret Santa! How thoughtful! Thank you so much! I can't wait install the tds meter, and try out the honey. It's going to take a lot of will power to make all that honey last awhile :p

And we love Black Rifle Coffee! I didn't know they have an espresso roast! We drink Beyond Black, and I like Murdered Out. I am looking forward to trying the AK-47!

Thank you again for your generous gift;Joyful
Merry Christmas

HiBRiD109

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you Secret Santa!

Exactly what I was looking for. No more getting my hands wet when fixing snails and coral. I died laughing when I opened them cause my wife asked what kind of splinter needed those huge "tweezers".

Also I can take pictures of what my tank really looks like now with the Orphek lens kit. Awesome!

Pics below of the goodies with before and after pics with the lens kit.

PXL_20211207_233322400.jpg
PXL_20211127_030956638.jpg
PXL_20211127_031123402.MP.jpg

Thanks again and Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays!

Amy406

View Badges
Reaction score
Yesterday, an Elf in a white sleigh striped with red and blue dropped off my gift from my Secret Santa. Unfortunately I was not able to open it until tonight. I am not sure that I could ever say Thank You enough for the gifts. I am beyond impressed and thankful for the amount of thought, effort, time and personal touch that went into them.

To my Secret Santa.... Thank you and Merry Christmas.
SS 2021.jpg
Love the shirts!!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 91 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back