Show us your Cirrhilabrus isosceles, Pintail Fairy Wrasse

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let us see your Cirrhilabrus isosceles (formly C. cf. lanceolatus), Pintail Fairy Wrasse. Curious about everyone's experience and husbandry practices for them. Who just keeps a single fish and who is trying to keep any harems? What other livestock are you keeping with them?
Thx

Last edited by a moderator:

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fairy wrasses are very likely to turn male in aquariums, and when they do, they're very likely to fight.

This particular species recently got an official name of its own - Cirrhilabrus isosceles.

I've only ever had one - a female. She rapidly became a favorite fish - and then jumped through a hole in the eggcrate top, and was unable to find her way back to the water.

~Bruce

OP
OP
Salty1962

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fairy wrasses are very likely to turn male in aquariums, and when they do, they're very likely to fight.

This particular species recently got an official name of its own - Cirrhilabrus isosceles.

I've only ever had one - a female. She rapidly became a favorite fish - and then jumped through a hole in the eggcrate top, and was unable to find her way back to the water.

~Bruce
Old habit calling it a cf. lanceolatus. I've read most of the articles I can get my hands on about the new classification. Science has enabled us to get down so deep with classifications, even when it corrects itself.

Ian03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Ian03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is kept with many other wrasse and possibly a tiny female isosceles but I'm not 100% on that, And it wasn't my intention to have a pair so if it turns out to be one I'll remove it

Brogratz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try to get a pick of pinky tonight, he's a terminal male but flashes less now that my leopard wrasse passed :(. But I am getting a 175 gallon tank and he is going to be getting moved in with wrasse again once the tank is ready :). This is my favorite wrasse bar none, esp when he flashes.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back