Show us your Cirrhilabrus isosceles, Pintail Fairy Wrasse

Mr.Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ea43056a8c6afd4423a4a7cd2db8d61d.jpg

Looks like a submale Chirrilabrus Jordani. Wouldn't be surprised if it was on its way to a supermale, definitely not isosceles though.

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had mine for a couple months now - after trying to jump and striking the net, it now often has its timid coloring, stripes, and pattern on it. This was not always the case, and it has stayed this way for atleast 3-4 weeks. Fish is healthy other wise, and i'm considering upping the feeding to have them a bit more calm. There are only two fish in the tank, this and a mccoskers about half the size. Feeding is three times a day, flake or pellet. Frozen here and there, but going to change to frozen everyday probably.

Anyone able to shed some insight or experience?

Msmith2813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added one to my tank tonight. Lfs messed up and had it listed for $24, but ended up charging me $50. Either way I'll take it.
I acclimated it slowly and had no issues with my other wrasse. Of course, after I added it to the tank my pink margin fairy wrasse chased it for an hour. I just ended up turning off the lights a few hours early. They all went to bed. So hopefully they'll be more peaceful tomorrow

IMG_20200725_170831028.jpg IMG_20200725_170835162.jpg

Danielp3000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How to Splendid pintail fairy wrasses swim? Are they rock work swimmers like Sixlines? Or Open space/ sand bed like coris wrasses? Just wondering what their swimming behavior is like. (With no other wrasses or completion for them) to hide from.

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How to Splendid pintail fairy wrasses swim? Are they rock work swimmers like Sixlines? Or Open space/ sand bed like coris wrasses? Just wondering what their swimming behavior is like. (With no other wrasses or completion for them) to hide from.

They sleep and hide in the rock work, they don’t burrow in the sand like halichoeres. Mine is very peaceful and super pretty

Reefdiculous22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you determine sex? I had one , very pretty. Only 1-2 inches. I was sick and instead of letting the frozen thaw all the way I just threw it in the tank to let it thaw and he/she went after it and jumped out of the tank.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.5%
Back