Show Us Your Kessil Lit Tanks!

OP
Kessil

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
What lights? I thought that the Kessil's, or at least the new 360x, was designed to be closer to the surface. If those are the lights used and that high are you using the lens cap or whatever it is called to narrow or focus the light? If I mounted my 360's that high I'd have so much wasted light or splash that it would be not very cost effective so just wondering what or why.
The lighting on our office tank is our track lighting system, which we more commonly use for living walls. It is essentially the hardware of an A360X, but with special optics to provide just the right spread and intensity even when mounted from the ceiling! The A360X does have a very wide spread so we do recommend mounting it 4-12" above the water based on your needs and the use of the narrow reflector.

OP
Kessil

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
@Kessil I like the barn doors you have on the lights on your lobby tank. Where can I get some of those?
@squareriggersailor unfortunately the barn doors were made to work with the track lighting system used above our display tank and will not work with any of our other lights, but I will pass along your interest to our product development team!

saf1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The lighting on our office tank is our track lighting system, which we more commonly use for living walls. It is essentially the hardware of an A360X, but with special optics to provide just the right spread and intensity even when mounted from the ceiling! The A360X does have a very wide spread so we do recommend mounting it 4-12" above the water based on your needs and the use of the narrow reflector.
Thank you. I'm currently using 3 A360X over my 210 which is 30" deep and I like it. I could probably use another one or two but with 2 in college, well, I need to plan things out properly :D

By any chance do you know the center and two outer thread size? Right now I'm using the the center bolt that it ships with and the ring. However, it is not staying perfectly horizontal if that makes sense say if I was using your mounting arms. The mounting kit you have is nice but my tank is also 30 " front to back and I believe I read your mounting arms are only good for 25" tanks. So it wouldn't work. I was going to use extruded aluminium and the center bolt if I can get the proper thread size.

Love the lights though I must say.

OP
Kessil

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
What lights? I thought that the Kessil's, or at least the new 360x, was designed to be closer to the surface. If those are the lights used and that high are you using the lens cap or whatever it is called to narrow or focus the light? If I mounted my 360's that high I'd have so much wasted light or splash that it would be not very cost effective so just wondering what or why.
These are not the A360X's but rather a product made in our sister brand Fillex using a Kessil array. These lights are designed to throw light far using frenels and barn doors as they are made for movie sets! We have tested the PAR and it's more then sufficient to grow coral (mostly LPS and softies). But you are right that it's not the most cost effective of our lighting options but for our main display tank it's worth it.

Is Reef Conservation/Stewardship a factor in your hobby decisions? (private poll)

• Very Important

Votes: 158 55.6%
  • Somewhat Imporatant

Votes: 90 31.7%
  • Not Too Important

Votes: 26 9.2%
  • Not Important At All

Votes: 10 3.5%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Premium Algae Scrubbers from Turbo's Aquatics!