Show Us Your T-Slot Aluminum Stands !

zbryant91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my stand this week. Ordered from framing tech and would not hesitate to buy again. Still have a few weeks till the tank and sump come.
94083634-E938-4156-BB7C-C9ABBF520D32.jpeg

Enchanted Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my stand this week. Ordered from framing tech and would not hesitate to buy again. Still have a few weeks till the tank and sump come.
94083634-E938-4156-BB7C-C9ABBF520D32.jpeg
I'm looking to buying one from them as well. What are the dimensions of this stand? also if you don't mind me asking what was the cost for this stand?

zbryant91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to buying one from them as well. What are the dimensions of this stand? also if you don't mind me asking what was the cost for this stand?
72x24x36. The stand itself was close to 1200. I added on some extra hardware though for attaching panels and other accessories

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
72x24x36. The stand itself was close to 1200. I added on some extra hardware though for attaching panels and other accessories
I am looking at the same Stand from them. Any chance you could let me know what you added on as well. I am hoping to hear from them this week if not i am calling them directly.

zbryant91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at the same Stand from them. Any chance you could let me know what you added on as well. I am hoping to hear from them this week if not i am calling them directly.
Nothing crazy. I added enough button fix connectors and hinges to do 4 doors because I wasn’t sure which I wanted to do.
Mine is different from the one they have listed on their site. Has the double thickness top and the angled sides. I’m sure if you show them a photo of mine they’ll know the drawing.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nothing crazy. I added enough button fix connectors and hinges to do 4 doors because I wasn’t sure which I wanted to do.
Mine is different from the one they have listed on their site. Has the double thickness top and the angled sides. I’m sure if you show them a photo of mine they’ll know the drawing.

Only 1200$ for that stand? I have some quotes in with them, around that same dimensions.

How was the set up? I heard they lack directions. What are you going to put on the top? If anything ie plywood. Are you going to skin it at all? What accessories are available?

Looks really nice!

zbryant91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only 1200$ for that stand? I have some quotes in with them, around that same dimensions.

How was the set up? I heard they lack directions. What are you going to put on the top? If anything ie plywood. Are you going to skin it at all? What accessories are available?

Looks really nice!
you can click on my build thread and see the plywood I used. Tank is on and running with no problems. there were no instructions, but I've worked with aluminum extrusion before and it was really easy to put together with just the drawing they provided.

I bought "button fix" and hinges for the skins. waiting for lumber prices to come down a bit before making them though.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can click on my build thread and see the plywood I used. Tank is on and running with no problems. there were no instructions, but I've worked with aluminum extrusion before and it was really easy to put together with just the drawing they provided.

I bought "button fix" and hinges for the skins. waiting for lumber prices to come down a bit before making them though.

Nice that stand looks amazing, I’m sold on it, 1200$ is much cheaper than I was thinking and half the price of a steel stand from the tank manufacturer

Silvas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed anthony with Framing tech directly, I had found the email address on here in another thread. It took him a week and a half to get back to me, which he apologized for and told me they have had a massive influx of inquiries and are trying to work through them, and asked me to let him know if I wanted to move forward with my project. I emailed him back and it's been almost another week and a half and I haven't heard back yet.
Just a heads up, it may be a slow process, especially if there's any back and forth needed on design or adjustments. I obviously don't know the scope of the projects they have going, but I got the impression from his email that they're pretty swamped.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I emailed anthony with Framing tech directly, I had found the email address on here in another thread. It took him a week and a half to get back to me, which he apologized for and told me they have had a massive influx of inquiries and are trying to work through them, and asked me to let him know if I wanted to move forward with my project. I emailed him back and it's been almost another week and a half and I haven't heard back yet.
Just a heads up, it may be a slow process, especially if there's any back and forth needed on design or adjustments. I obviously don't know the scope of the projects they have going, but I got the impression from his email that they're pretty swamped.

They are probably swamped, I used to get replies from Anthony the next business day when I was going through it (twice)...but then again, I was in no rush. Everybody is swamped nowadays. I've been going back and forth with Modular Marine just the same and they told me at least 4-6 weeks lead time on custom overflow.

There is another company in OH that built stands for Tidal Gardens. Check out their more recent vids on YT to see which one.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I actually went with alufab. They are in my state, responded very quickly and I have my stand already designed and ordered. Should be here in a couple weeks. And it was less then framingtech by quite a bit.

Silvas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are probably swamped, I used to get replies from Anthony the next business day when I was going through it (twice)...but then again, I was in no rush. Everybody is swamped nowadays. I've been going back and forth with Modular Marine just the same and they told me at least 4-6 weeks lead time on custom overflow.

There is another company in OH that built stands for Tidal Gardens. Check out their more recent vids on YT to see which one.
I ended up just rolling the dice on my own design that I had worked up and ordering the extrusions and hardware from tnutz. I ordered the leveling caster base plates off another site I found, and the leveling casters themselves and some 1/2 inch marine board HDPE and 3/4 inch marine board HDPE for bottom and top shelves off amazon.

I had found and downloaded one of the extrusion design programs and used that to model my design.

Silvas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I actually went with alufab. They are in my state, responded very quickly and I have my stand already designed and ordered. Should be here in a couple weeks. And it was less then framingtech by quite a bit.
Nice, glad to hear it worked out!

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What program did you use? I am going to design a light bracket and have the dimensions just need to figure out the holes and countersinks.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I ended up just rolling the dice on my own design that I had worked up and ordering the extrusions and hardware from tnutz. I ordered the leveling caster base plates off another site I found, and the leveling casters themselves and some 1/2 inch marine board HDPE and 3/4 inch marine board HDPE for bottom and top shelves off amazon.

I had found and downloaded one of the extrusion design programs and used that to model my design.

You'll probably be fine especially if you're not building for a huge tank - they do load calcs etc and machine for internal connectors, something you cannot do without special jigs and proper bench drill.

What size tank and which profiles did you buy?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 64 85.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.0%
Back