Micro Reef Tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update
I was out for a week and my Lismatta Shrimp got a molt change
I saw it by the wi-fi web camera

No one at home to take the molt off the tank.

When I got home no molt at all was in the tank

And I think no parameters changed to harm the water

Let’s see next time it happens if it goes that same way

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What am I missing?
PH-8.3
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate=0-5.0
Cal.- 425
Phos- 0-5.0
KH-8-9
Mag-1350
Tank is FOWLR, 2years old
Problem is milky water. Cannot clear it up, going on now for 6 weeks. Have done water changes, 50% and 15%, water will clear for a couple of days and will go right back to milk. Nothing dead in tank. The only thing new is have been feeding corals with reefroids, started with 1 tsp and now back to 1/2 tsp. What am I missing?

First off. Way to hijack the OP thread but if he doesn’t mind. You shouldn’t be feeding a FOWLR tank “Reef roids”. Second it does sounds like a bacteria bloom. GFO and Carbon will be your best friend. l personally recommend carbon. Clears water up excellent and swiftly. Also. Your phosphate shouldn’t swing from 0-5. Maybe 0-.5 if it in fact swings 5ppm their is an issue their as well.

TheMantisman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If a Mantis Shrimp has discarded its exoskeleton then it should be removed from the tank asap to prevent any water fowling, specially since this is when the mantis is most vulnerable TO water fowling...

That said Mantis Shrimp will generally eat a fair portion of their old exoskeleton to regain lost energy when shedding it, that said there are certain parts that don't get consumed such as the Dactyls (hammers and spears) and the Telson (tail shield) because these parts are extremely hard and tough.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back