shroom dominated tank ?

shimin

noob reefer on a mission
View Badges
Reaction score
Ok so I want to make my 90g a shroom dominated tank with some z's and p's in the mix .I would like to see how everyone would set this kinda tank up what kinda water quality I have a tec 8 lamp t5 2 850gph powerheads from what I've read shrooms like low flow low light (i could be mistaken ) do shrooms like dirty water? My water is really clean .I just want to see how people more advanced the I would set this kind of a tank up thanks
Mike

grouse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
IMHO it is a misconseption shrooms --- coralamorphs like dirty water --- thay do like to eat & grow quite readly when fed often however thay
like clean water & beein fed often in addition many people get the idea thay like low light because many can survive but most will thrive & grow readly in lighting that is moderate to high and again the difference is between surviving & thriving

enjoy your new endeavor & have fun with it

chad vossen

View Badges
Reaction score
just keep in mind that a shroom dominated tank may become a soup of coral warfare. shrooms may be the only thing that'll survive, unless you maintain it well.

Corals.com

straydog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
May be off subject but I'm also thinking of doing a mushroom dominated tank and am wondering how to do the rockwork. Does anyone have pictures or know of links to this type of reef tank?

Top Shelf Aquatics