shroom dominated tank ?

shimin

noob reefer on a mission
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I want to make my 90g a shroom dominated tank with some z's and p's in the mix .I would like to see how everyone would set this kinda tank up what kinda water quality I have a tec 8 lamp t5 2 850gph powerheads from what I've read shrooms like low flow low light (i could be mistaken ) do shrooms like dirty water? My water is really clean .I just want to see how people more advanced the I would set this kind of a tank up thanks
Mike

grouse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO it is a misconseption shrooms --- coralamorphs like dirty water --- thay do like to eat & grow quite readly when fed often however thay
like clean water & beein fed often in addition many people get the idea thay like low light because many can survive but most will thrive & grow readly in lighting that is moderate to high and again the difference is between surviving & thriving

enjoy your new endeavor & have fun with it

chad vossen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just keep in mind that a shroom dominated tank may become a soup of coral warfare. shrooms may be the only thing that'll survive, unless you maintain it well.

straydog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May be off subject but I'm also thinking of doing a mushroom dominated tank and am wondering how to do the rockwork. Does anyone have pictures or know of links to this type of reef tank?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 81.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.8%
Back