Shroom Lagoon! 24hrs instastocked madness!

OP
LRT

LRT

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
BBRREELLLLDDDDOOOOONNNNNNN

Say it Back!!

PXL_20220622_172235931.jpg
PXL_20220620_224028714.jpg
PXL_20220615_002245710.jpg
Pix or its not happening:D

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Digitalfirex

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Ok so this seems to be the IT place for all things shrooms and shroom knowledge... Library of Alexandria of shrooms...

That said, I can't for the life of me get any of my shrooms to grow either in size from their purchase frag size or split etc... like they are alive but not thriving. My parameters are fine (torches, zoas and acros grow well) so I'm thinking it's most likely flow or light. I do run dirty/heavy nutrients. Is your tank literally like no flow to promote growth? What's the trick here?

Tidal Gardens ⚡FLASH SALE⚡

Pico bam

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Ok so this seems to be the IT place for all things shrooms and shroom knowledge... Library of Alexandria of shrooms...

That said, I can't for the life of me get any of my shrooms to grow either in size from their purchase frag size or split etc... like they are alive but not thriving. My parameters are fine (torches, zoas and acros grow well) so I'm thinking it's most likely flow or light. I do run dirty/heavy nutrients. Is your tank literally like no flow to promote growth? What's the trick here?
Ill chime in see if I can get you some help granted I'm not as good at shrooming as @LRT but i've got a few tricks up my sleeve. Ive found that almost no flow near stagnant water does help for a period of time (several months) but then the shrooms began to go down hill. When you say dirty/heavy nutrients what do you mean? High to me is is 50+ no3 and nearing 1ppm po4. Generally I don't care about high phosphates in a softie tank because they don't really inhibit growth due to there being no skeletal structure. As far as I can tell this is true. High phosphate will promote zooxanthellae in coral and should boost growth rates. Have you ever seen lps with huge polyps but refuses to grow? Probably due to high po4, high phosphate inhibits calcification of the corals skeletal structure.

It can be difficult to keep a mixed reef at times theres alot more going on than flow and the amount of light. But id suggest very little to almost no flow for a period of time and moderate amounts of light (maybe play with your photoperid). Ive found acros thrive in a very stable environment. Where as mushroom like things changed up every so often.

When you say your mushrooms arnt growing id like to ask how much time have you given them? Have you tried things like a large water change (40%)? For whatever reason when I do one I'll get my mushrooms to split. Many people say it drives they're nems to split aswell. I guess these are just a few thought/ideas but like I said I'm no @LRT !!!

Digitalfirex

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Ill chime in see if I can get you some help granted I'm not as good at shrooming as @LRT but i've got a few tricks up my sleeve. Ive found that almost no flow near stagnant water does help for a period of time (several months) but then the shrooms began to go down hill. When you say dirty/heavy nutrients what do you mean? High to me is is 50+ no3 and nearing 1ppm po4. Generally I don't care about high phosphates in a softie tank because they don't really inhibit growth due to there being no skeletal structure. As far as I can tell this is true. High phosphate will promote zooxanthellae in coral and should boost growth rates. Have you ever seen lps with huge polyps but refuses to grow? Probably due to high po4, high phosphate inhibits calcification of the corals skeletal structure.

It can be difficult to keep a mixed reef at times theres alot more going on than flow and the amount of light. But id suggest very little to almost no flow for a period of time and moderate amounts of light (maybe play with your photoperid). Ive found acros thrive in a very stable environment. Where as mushroom like things changed up every so often.

When you say your mushrooms arnt growing id like to ask how much time have you given them? Have you tried things like a large water change (40%)? For whatever reason when I do one I'll get my mushrooms to split. Many people say it drives they're nems to split aswell. I guess these are just a few thought/ideas but like I said I'm no @LRT !!!

Thank you... I'll give that a shot. I've had a mythical bounce eclutus for close to a year now and it looks the same as when I got it. Probably the size of a quarter? Same with a jawbreaker. Some other shrooms I've lost... I had a reeftide joker bounce I lost, a tsa infinity gauntlet I lost... etc

Last I check my phosphate was 55. On a hanna (I used reefroids like 2x a week and red sea ab+, also acropower) I've also used benepets etc. I'll check again tomorrow and update you on the latest parameters.

I do have two xr15s over the tank (9" over the water?) It's the BRS recommended settings over a 48" tank. Think it's the AB schedule. I do have a par meter if you want the exact par...

Thank you.

How will you use the R2R App?

• IOS Device

Votes: 292 56.2%
  • Android Device

Votes: 168 32.3%
  • Neither, I'll still use the desktop or mobile version I use now!

Votes: 60 11.5%
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com