Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do bro. That's an option I've been looking at. Already have the stand just need to clean it up and paint it before I can show it. The 240 is sounding nice though. Just a tad bit more height. I need to think about it a bit more but wife is pushing to get the other 80 going instead!
You forget... I've seen the stand already a few times.

I'm on wife side here.. use what you have, which are Dope 80's. You'll get the floorspace immediately. Can run them from the same sump system that would power a 240.

• 2 Thumbs
Reactions: LRT
OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm on wife side here.. use what you have, which are Dope 80's. You'll get the floorspace immediately. Can run them from the same sump system that would power a 240.
Your right bro all id have to do is get the sump. I originally wanted to be able to do different things in both tanks and I could do that if I kept it. Easier sell to the wife too. Already have everything for it. I could literally have it set up over a weekend as well. The stand is pretty dope and roomy and just really needs to be cleaned up if anything. Dang man I may have to think this one through a little harder now lol

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah what he said, she said. I am aligned.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your right bro all id have to do is get the sump. I originally wanted to be able to do different things in both tanks and I could do that if I kept it. Easier sell to the wife too. Already have everything for it. I could literally have it set up over a weekend as well. The stand is pretty dope and roomy and just really needs to be cleaned up if anything. Dang man I may have to think this one through a little harder now lol
Realistically ask yourself How different the water parameters will need to be between what you want to do across two tanks/systems, because that's the Delta here.

Flow and lighting can be vastly different between the twin 80's, but share the same powerplant. I know we like to keep the water a little more nutrient rich for the softies and shrooms. I have had no issue with keeping SPS within the same parameters where my LPS and softies thrive.

• Money

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Razoring the glass 2x a week with these nutrients WOOF, Coral is recovering nicely, going to lose some. but learning mistake. Nothing I cared to much about... maybe a favia $20 frags. No colonies

SET UP THAT OTHER 80!

• 2 Thumbs

Pico bam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come on @LRT get the other 80 going! You know you want to... Then when there both full just setup like a 500 gallon tank or something who knows? The only limitations are the ones you set on yourself
20221111_151612.jpg

• 2 Thumbs
OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come on @LRT get the other 80 going! You know you want to... Then when there both full just setup like a 500 gallon tank or something who knows? The only limitations are the ones you set on yourself
20221111_151612.jpg
I did once upon a time have a sweet vision for these tanks. Wife's eye just kind of lit up when I said all I'd need to do is get the sump. She's been right this whole time I'm not sure why I never listen to her;) This really could be a major win on many levels for sure:D

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend 2 return pumps. Makes controlling the flow to each easier and you can shut the systdown independently. One of a few changes I would have made...
Hey @F i s h y I'd have to get big enough sump to go under both tanks. Easily doable honestly. I do have return pump for twin 80 ready to roll just have to take it back out of box and plug back in. All plumbing is still there and hooked up as well. All I really did was shut tank down, clean it up, box the return pump and put the lights away. Main thing now is figure out where it's going to go. There's no getting away from living room/ dining room area but it's closer to kitchen that wife cooks in daily. Could run water lines through attic to wherever it all lands as well. Need to open fish room back up for lil man is the main motivator for this entire ordeal lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back