OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks looking good tho as usual. Wish I could grow shrooms like you.
You can bro I promise all I did was dose nitrates and phosphates to keep them detectable through first cpl months with all other params locked and as stable as I possible could while tank broke in. Challenge was keeping up on dosing. Water moving through tank heavy but not on the shrooms is 2nd biggest challenge and from there getting creative with placement of other corals that need MOAR light without cooking shrooms on floor. And then finding less light around perimeter for shrooms that don't want too much lamp. Keeping tank obsessively clean with water polished is probably also where it's at. I'm not sure who started the rumor about shrooms being ok in dirty water. It's not the case at all. I keep my pre-filter, di resin and my cartridge changed out religiously and see nothing but issues when I don't. Like @SSB corals said in last video. If your seeing brown on filters it's way too late. My shrooms don't mind elevated nutrients. Or maybe even lower alk but theu flourish in super clean, polished water and do even better in the major water params the pros passed down:)

Pico bam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can bro I promise all I did was dose nitrates and phosphates to keep them detectable through first cpl months with all other params locked and as stable as I possible could while tank broke in. Challenge was keeping up on dosing. Water moving through tank heavy but not on the shrooms is 2nd biggest challenge and from there getting creative with placement of other corals that need MOAR light without cooking shrooms on floor. And then finding less light around perimeter for shrooms that don't want too much lamp. Keeping tank obsessively clean with water polished is probably also where it's at. I'm not sure who started the rumor about shrooms being ok in dirty water. It's not the case at all. I keep my pre-filter, di resin and my cartridge changed out religiously and see nothing but issues when I don't. Like @SSB corals said in last video. If your seeing brown on filters it's way too late. My shrooms don't mind elevated nutrients. Or maybe even lower alk but theu flourish in super clean, polished water and do even better in the major water params the pros passed down:)
I just have a problem with them turning white and dieing every once in a while I know it's not to much light. There foot turns white then the mouth then the whole thing. Someone told me it's a bacterial infection and that I should treat them with ciprofloxacin but haven't Givin it a shot yet. You ever experienced this?

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just have a problem with them turning white and dieing every once in a while I know it's not to much light. There foot turns white then the mouth then the whole thing. Someone told me it's a bacterial infection and that I should treat them with ciprofloxacin but haven't Givin it a shot yet. You ever experienced this?
I've had many bouts with bacterial infections and shrooms and have been successful with cipro treatment in the past.
Is it affecting all shrooms of same species/sub species or just one here and there? I have a shroom treating cipro thread where we worked through doses and bath time and the whole entire procedure that ill try and find for you. Give it a shot honestly. I've never lost a shroom from dipping in cipro. Doesnt always work but when it works it's pretty much almost instant success.

Pico bam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had many bouts with bacterial infections and shrooms and have been successful with cipro treatment in the past.
Is it affecting all shrooms of same species/sub species or just one here and there? I have a shroom treating cipro thread where we worked through doses and bath time and the whole entire procedure that ill try and find for you. Give it a shot honestly. I've never lost a shroom from dipping in cipro. Doesnt always work but when it works it's pretty much almost instant success.
Well it's getting added to my to buy list. Usually goes threw my yumas. Then it hits the jawbreakers eclectius Deadpool candy crush and kryptonite shrooms some of them are effected some aren't. It's so hard to find info on this stuff lost just about any kind of shroom imaginable to this og bounce Sunkist bounce you name it.

Reactions: LRT
OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's getting added to my to buy list. Usually goes threw my yumas. Then it hits the jawbreakers eclectius Deadpool candy crush and kryptonite shrooms some of them are effected some aren't. It's so hard to find info on this stuff lost just about any kind of shroom imaginable to this og bounce Sunkist bounce you name it.
Hey Bro here's that link to shroom/cipro thread-

Check it out I was able to bring OG minecraft mom back from the dead with it. Even had success with discos and probably most species now. Sounds like you may very well be dealing with bacterial infection in most cases. In my experience shrooms are highly susceptible to infection. Tbh I used to dip all new shrooms in it before I put them in my tank.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dudes and dudettes:D Im totally embarrased to report that somehow in the confusion of wife taking over things and me not doing due diligence and just spot checking stuff. My Alk, Cal and Mag where way out of whack! 5.9 alk, 1700 mag and cal around 450. My guess is she was forgetting alk and double dosing mag sometimes idk!
Slowly creeping alk back in, letting cal and mag slowly creep down but I have to say it's amazing how things look in just over 48 hrs of turning things around.
Don't mind the mess lol all my mom shrooms are slowly getting condos and I got condos of shrooms stacked lol! It's crazy how good things look today by just simply getting water params dialed back in again!
Probably should have went with bigger condos for some of the moms but it all temporary. Ordering up some MOAR 5" tile and going to make forever condos for most of them:)
20221114_130517.jpg
20221114_130508.jpg
20221114_130407.jpg
20221114_130351.jpg
20221114_130345.jpg
20221113_112527.jpg
Don't feel bad I dropped alk to less than 6 in both my systems. Then mathed wrong and about destroyed my frag tank bringing it back up. 3 weeks later things are on the right track. You've got this. Can't wait to see what you grow... and next time you unload "extras" we should talk. Disappointed that grafted didn't make it this way;)

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't feel bad I dropped alk to less than 6 in both my systems. Then mathed wrong and about destroyed my frag tank bringing it back up. 3 weeks later things are on the right track. You've got this. Can't wait to see what you grow... and next time you unload "extras" we should talk. Disappointed that grafted didn't make it this way;)
Bro I got in more trouble over the grafted than I did with the GMK colony. I actually felt bad because she really was upset on a real note lol Probably should of threw in the half size one instead but needed to make room. I got you on the rest bro I literally do have condos stacked on condos like ready to become sky scrapers haha

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What the heck is this one? why am I just now realizing that this is a pretty crazy shroom?
Screenshot_20221115-200609_Samsung Internet.jpg
Picked it up in a crazy @SBB Corals live sale show hahaha To be real I thought I've seen every species and subspecies species of shrooms. This one doesn't fit any of them its super unique and maybe Shane can fill us in exactly what it is? I picked up 3 of them in that show. All labeled rainbows and the one you quoted was called OG rainbow. I'll have to go peep the videos to find the rest of the info and what the other where.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6alk and things look good still dang
Don't do what I did. I only posted that picture for truth in reefing and for historical purposes and to cross refference back to once I get things settled back in at nsw levels. I'm looking for patterns and trends. I'm pretty sure we will see it next week this time:) Already starting to see alk usage and that's a major plus sign

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't do what I did. I only posted that picture for truth in reefing and for historical purposes and to cross refference back to once I get things settled back in at nsw levels. I'm looking for patterns and trends. I'm pretty sure we will see it next week this time:) Already starting to see alk usage and that's a major plus sign
Yeah I think I'm starting to see some necrosis from nutrients drop and light changes now. In the tank. Mostly on Sps. Delayed response

compared to lps and the euphy showing back and bouncing back faster , same for zoas

This one's looking worse now. Dropping polyp extension showing cyano or something on

Attachments

• PXL_20221115_171131695.jpg
    PXL_20221115_171131695.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I think I'm starting to see some necrosis from nutrients drop and light changes now. In the tank. Mostly on Sps. Delayed response

compared to lps and the euphy showing back and bouncing back faster , same for zoas

This one's looking worse now. Dropping polyp extension showing cyano or something on
If the skin dies and starts peeling id probably pull it and call it a loss. You could always snap a healthy tip and glue it to a disc or plug.

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Picked it up in a crazy @SBB Corals live sale show hahaha To be real I thought I've seen every species and subspecies species of shrooms. This one doesn't fit any of them its super unique and maybe Shane can fill us in exactly what it is? I picked up 3 of them in that show. All labeled rainbows and the one you quoted was called OG rainbow. I'll have to go peep the videos to find the rest of the info and what the other where.

i think they are a form of yuma. But i am not sure TBO but i call them gumball yumas. Created a new name for them basically.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think they are a form of yuma. But i am not sure TBO but i call them gumball yumas. Created a new name for them basically.
Right on Shane thank you! They are definetely unique and for sure. They do seem like some kind of subspecies of Yuma. Any idea of where they where imported from? Very cool shrooms I'm going to try and do some research when I can find the time!

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For Historical Purposes:D Im really digging this automation thing. Can actually see the progress through the week. Almost there with alk and stuffs starting to work itself out. Also got a cpl good pix of those other 2 crazy sbb rainbows.
20221118_184151.jpg
20221118_184102.jpg
20221118_184111.jpg
20221118_184016.jpg
20221118_184023.jpg
20221118_184053.jpg
Screenshot_20221118_182216_APEXFusion.jpg
Screenshot_20221118_182136_APEXFusion.jpg
Screenshot_20221118_182106_APEXFusion.jpg

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For Historical Purposes:D Im really digging this automation thing. Can actually see the progress through the week. Almost there with alk and stuffs starting to work itself out. Also got a cpl good pix of those other 2 crazy sbb rainbows.
20221118_184151.jpg
20221118_184102.jpg
20221118_184111.jpg
20221118_184016.jpg
20221118_184023.jpg
20221118_184053.jpg
Screenshot_20221118_182216_APEXFusion.jpg
Screenshot_20221118_182136_APEXFusion.jpg
Screenshot_20221118_182106_APEXFusion.jpg
Automation is pro. I haven't looked at my graph in awhile I have a display panel I check in the am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back