Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think being present with the report button is doing to be the Only Way to keep it open.

I've been hit with the "Be nice" rule a few times.

Start a new thread make it Very Very clear upfront that trolling, off color language, and diatribes will not be accepted .

Just report it, and move on. Let the mods do the mod things. If THEY are doing their job and forcing others (when reported) to abide by the be nice rule, all should be good.

At the end of the day, if a thread gets locked for things that have already been reported, that is a failure on the side of the moderation team.

"I don't like your position and I'm going to act a fool" should NEVER get a productive discussion locked.

Deal with the detractors and leave everyone else alone.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think being present with the report button is doing to be the Only Way to keep it open.

I've been hit with the "Be nice" rule a few times.

Start a new thread make it Very Very clear upfront that trolling, off color language, and diatribes will not be accepted .

Just report it, and move on. Let the mods do the mod things. If THEY are doing their job and forcing others (when reported) to abide by the be nice rule, all should be good.

At the end of the day, if a thread gets locked for things that have already been reported, that is a failure on the side of the moderation team.

"I don't like your position and I'm going to act a fool" should NEVER get a productive discussion locked.

Deal with the detractors and leave everyone else alone.
For sure that's just kind of where it all got wierd on that thread. The response I recieved when I reported the trolling was they are staying out of the thread as to not take sides and where going to allow the discussion with self moderation. In all fairness I did and some other folks did lose our cool. However the trolling should have never been allowed. It was obviously blatant at the time and I tried repeatedly over the course of 50 pages to keep the topic on track. It is what it is now though

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Magic 8-ball says: "I see a thread lock in your future." :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I'll just start a new one! Hahaha JK man. Really wasn't after getting everyone stirred up. I have to be honest. Ive always had good relations with Rev and all the moderators here. I actually do believe in the vision and everything R2R is about. It took me something like maybe 50 pages before I lost my cool in that thread by time it got shut down. I am dissapointed the way it was handled though. R2R has some really incredible folks here. Industry leaders. Movers and shakers honestly. Everyone should feel like they can have open and honest conversations here. Some folks don't and the trolls are not moderated even when reported in alot of threads and I sincerely do think that it's hurting the community more than it's helping by allowing that to continue.
Is what it is though feels alot better to get it off my chest and aired out lol
1670452989361.png

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's good to have you back man! I know you kept a nice stash of shrooms somewhere. One just doesn't build a collection like that and let it go lol Quit teasing already. When you putting water in the new tank?

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's good to have you back man! I know you kept a nice stash of shrooms somewhere. One just doesn't build a collection like that and let it go lol Quit teasing already. When you putting water in the new tank?
No collection at all. it all crashed, no joke. New tank is not going to be a fast process. For the starters, I have no clue yet how to get it into the basement. Then there's all the equipment, you know I love Pukani, finding it is a whole other thing.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No collection at all. it all crashed, no joke. New tank is not going to be a fast process. For the starters, I have no clue yet how to get it into the basement. Then there's all the equipment, you know I love Pukani, finding it is a whole other thing.
Wow man I'm really sorry to hear that! Couldn't even imagine it. I've had a couple major die offs over the years with my shroom collection. Always when I allowed 1 species of shrooms dominate the tank. Oddly enough it only wiped out that particular species of shrooms each time. Last time my Og Godzilla got crazy and started popping babies everywhere. Mom was easily 7" on a bad day. Lost my entire yuma collection. First time it happened with my bounce collection. Luckily no other corals or species of shrooms where harmed during any of those events!
Where there's a will there's a way. I'm definetely looking forward to seeing what you put together!

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a little dry pukani.... maybe pm me...

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woahhhhh... That was a big loss...

Good luck getting back going

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back