0   0   0
Who actually cares about any of that?

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@revhtree what's up? I reasonably and responsibly reached out to you on several occasions now. Most recently in this thread regarding the My request for you to reopen my Original spinoff exploration thread exploring this thread regarding exploring news means and methods has gone unanswered and remains locked with the inability to discuss everything we have see in this thread which is live everyday all day and has been since you close the discussion thread about this thread.
I understand you may be busy. Un offcially I've probably handled close to 2b in contracts in the last 2-3 months but I still have to engage. Keep my team engaged and feel that many in the community needs these questions answered to keep the community engaged and healthy on the whole.
What is actually going on and how can I help? Asking for the community now.

@revhtree for a quick recap- I never meant for this thread to become a call out thread to other threads but it inevitably has naturally become that naturally.
Whether you closed the thread or not why would it remain closed especially after all this time and many methods have been proven in this thread alone?
Why can we not talk about the things discussed in that thread and this live thread regularly so the community can grow?
What's up with the blatant silence in general? The silence on all of this is likely what r2r should address immediately. I feel like most of us are ready and willing to accept and acknowledge anything reasonable and healthy at the moment.
Not a good look all the way around honestly. I'm not going to stop talking about certain things. In fact it's only evolving now. Its only going to grow and we are going to continue to speak about these things moving forward. I dont want to leave this thread behind.
This is what I'm trying to address.
Having only read last few pages, I don't see Rev re-opening that thread. It's all in the tone of the conversation, Rev said many, many times, this is a family forum.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't even know what we are mad about. I can't read 125 pages of content . I'm a human goldfish
IIRC, it started out fine then people started getting crazy. I think I dropped out of paying attention a few pages in back then because people were just insane and I deal with enough petcrazy on a day to day basis at work. I could very well be confusing threads though, there have been quite a few like that at this point. Keyboard warriors are a big problem everywhere. I 100% agree though, "cycling" in the traditional sense is easily a thing of the past, we have come so far. I have literally never "cycled" a tank "properly" -- either fresh or salt. The cube is the only one I kinda did it with because I was so paranoid due to the issues I was having with the cade around that time.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tenor.gif
tenor (1).gif
FrighteningPerkyChital-size_restricted.gif

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having only read last few pages, I don't see Rev re-opening that thread. It's all in the tone of the conversation, Rev said many, many times, this is a family forum.
Also, this is not a forum that welcomes dissent or challenges to the norm in any way, so no. I don't see it being reopened either

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always held up the line when it comes to the family values and what R2R stands for on the whole. I've been beat up about that in enough threads across the board and anyone that knows absoloutely knows that.
What I don't understand is why wasnt the same love and consideration given to me and the folks that contributed my thread? I didn't make that thread non family orientated. In fact it was quite the opposite for nearly 50 pages until it got shut down.

I'm going to continue to do what I do and talk about things that not everyone agrees with. All I want to know is are we going to be allowed to do that without the fear of being silenced and shut down? And if so why can't we talk about and explore the topics that were discussed in the thread? Folks are doing huge things with the info that was brought forward in that thread. It's only hurting the community by not allowing folks to talk about and explore those things fully.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The craziest thing about this whole entire conversation to me is R2R allowed that thread to be mishandled by folks that inevitably got it shut down.
When at the end of the day nearly 100% of the topics that were discussed in that thread literally live and breath and have been thriving in this thread since before the conception of that thread.
Why all the hate and detraction in that thread anyway? Where are you now as everything we discussed and all that was hated on in that thread is thriving here and always has been.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since the thread still exists the problem was not the topic of the thread. If the topic went against the forum's TOS the entire thread would have been deleted. You can try to start up another thread on the topic, but it'll probably attract the same people that got the thread shut down before.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mods can't be everywhere just like we can't be.

I think the first step to keeping it open, is to be present and keep things on track. Use the report button to help remove things if someone is breaking the rules.

Keep the bad actors out who just want to fight, and hopefully a productive discussion can be had.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, report them and whomever feeds them. Instead of turning it into a ****ing contest, or allowing others to do so.
See this is the problem.
I did report the trolls. I probably reported 7 pages of trolling on that thread lol. I was told by more than 1 mod that they weren't going to moderate the thread and allow us to have the conversation.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See this is the problem.
I did report the trolls. I probably reported 7 pages of trolling on that thread lol. I was told by more than 1 mod that they weren't going to moderate the thread and allow us to have the conversation.
That's interesting. That the moderators weren't going to moderate. :thinking-face:

Why have them then?

shade smile GIF by Robert E Blackmon

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's interesting. That the moderators weren't going to moderate. :thinking-face:

Why have them then?

shade smile GIF by Robert E Blackmon
Hahaha I see what you did!
On a real note and better yet if your not going to moderate a thread then why was it moderated? And if we are going to moderate and be about something that line should be held fairly across the boards and apply to the entire community:)

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hahaha I see what you did!
On a real note and better yet if your not going to moderate a thread then why was it moderated? And if we are going to moderate and be about something that line should be held fairly across the boards and apply to the entire community:)
Magic 8-ball says: "I see a thread lock in your future." :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Reactions: LRT
OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magic 8-ball says: "I see a thread lock in your future." :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I'll just start a new one! Hahaha JK man. Really wasn't after getting everyone stirred up. I have to be honest. Ive always had good relations with Rev and all the moderators here. I actually do believe in the vision and everything R2R is about. It took me something like maybe 50 pages before I lost my cool in that thread by time it got shut down. I am dissapointed the way it was handled though. R2R has some really incredible folks here. Industry leaders. Movers and shakers honestly. Everyone should feel like they can have open and honest conversations here. Some folks don't and the trolls are not moderated even when reported in alot of threads and I sincerely do think that it's hurting the community more than it's helping by allowing that to continue.
Is what it is though feels alot better to get it off my chest and aired out lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back