Shroom on the loose! Help!

SoCaliReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a rock with some sick shrooms at my LFS and they have been doing great for almost 2 weeks. Then this morning when I looked in the tank I noticed one missing off the rock so I searched and found it laying behind some LR. What should I do? How do I mount a loose shroom?

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can try to catch it and glue it down, but good luck. If the shrrom dosent want to be stuck it wont be. its a hit or miss sort of thing. Good luck bro!

OP
OP
S

SoCaliReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can try to catch it and glue it down, but good luck. If the shrrom dosent want to be stuck it wont be. its a hit or miss sort of thing. Good luck bro!

I caught the sucker, and threw it in with a few small LR I sometimes use instead if plugs or discs hoping it will mount. Can I glue the foot? Doesnt seem possible.

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I caught the sucker, and threw it in with a few small LR I sometimes use instead if plugs or discs hoping it will mount. Can I glue the foot? Doesnt seem possible.

Get a clear small bowl just big enough to fit over it and a few pieces of rubble and drill a whole bunch of holes all over in it 1/8"-1/4" and place over the top of it and put a little rock on top of the bowl so it doesn't drift away wait a few days and it'll be attached to something!

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's an easy task to get 'shroom to stay permanently on a spot .... first off ... do you have a refugium or a spot where there's no water movement or flow at all?

What I'd do is place the loose 'shroom on top of the intended object (eg. in the refugium)and let it sit there for at least a week or less and after that you're all set to place it anywhere in your tank without the fear of it coming loose ever again!! I've tried elastic bands & glue and they're not as effective.

For example ... I've got those regular Red 'shrooms multiplying and growing upwards on the back glass panels of my 'ole tank!!

HTH,
Paul

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SoCaliReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drilled some holes in a specimen cup and have it sitting on some LR rubble. Now just gotta wait a week or less. Haha. Thanks for the help!

bige

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have glued the foot and it worked. I prefer to trap them like mentioned above. Cup with holes. Then they might get at least some sand or rubble on their foot and then glue that down. But if it doesn't like where it is, it might move any way

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back