Sicce SDC 9.0 won't connect to the ContrAll app

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like this is Groundhog Day. I synced the SDC wavemakers in seconds. The pump feels like it os out of the Flintstones. No matter what I do, it drops me back to the first screen to configure the wifi. I did not have to do this with the wavemakers. I plug in all of the info and we're back to the beginning. Anyone run into this? It's beyond frustrating. I've reached out to Sicce but historically, they won't respond for several days. I need to move water.

PXL_20210622_104818049.jpg Screenshot_20210622-062241.png Screenshot_20210622-063756.png Screenshot_20210622-064056.png

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine connected without issue. I know this is an issue for many reef WiFi devices but forget if it’s the case with Sicce. Can it connect to a 5G WiFi? Most say it has to be 2.4G but forget it Sicce has this requirement.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It isn't absolutely necessary to WiFi connect "to get water moving". That you can sort later. (And yeah, my guess is 2.4)

Plug it all in. Tap ON/OFF to unlock. Press/Hold ON/OFF for 4 seconds to power up. Spin the wheel to adjust speed. Tap ON/OFF to lock and save.

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The XStream wavemakers connect to my network without a problem. Unless they use a whole different technology than the SDC pumps - in which case shame on Sicce.
I tried to unlock the controller. I can get the controller to turn off but not turn back on again unless I cut the power. Then I am back to flashing lights.
The only way I can get water moving is to bypass the controller and just plug the wires together. Then it runs on full speed, which is overwhelming for the overflow. Now, I am wondering if this is a faulty controller?????

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The XStream wavemakers connect to my network without a problem. Unless they use a whole different technology than the SDC pumps - in which case shame on Sicce.
I tried to unlock the controller. I can get the controller to turn off but not turn back on again unless I cut the power. Then I am back to flashing lights.
The only way I can get water moving is to bypass the controller and just plug the wires together. Then it runs on full speed, which is overwhelming for the overflow. Now, I am wondering if this is a faulty controller?????
When you power up, what is the status of the "Lock" light? Is it red? Tap the ON/OFF so the red light goes away. Now you can use the controller.

I forget now, but once unlocked, maybe you have to hit Mode once to adjust up from zero speed. When you have it where you want it, tapping the ON/Off should lock and save that setting.

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @ScottB I was able to unlock it and get it powered up and turned way down. That got it mostly silent. Unfortunately, I am still unable to connect to ContrAll. Annoying but at least the water is moving. I need to figure out a way to raise my water level also. The RFG's are sucking in air and that is just not pleasant.

Anchor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up renaming my pump a few times to get it right.. it wasnt able to connect using a previously used pump name.. Go figure. once I got it working, I was able to change the name and reconfigure to that name and all was well. seemed kind of stupid.. but it was a bad wifi connection.. that was my cause. make sure you got a lot of bars ...

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @ScottB I was able to unlock it and get it powered up and turned way down. That got it mostly silent. Unfortunately, I am still unable to connect to ContrAll. Annoying but at least the water is moving. I need to figure out a way to raise my water level also. The RFG's are sucking in air and that is just not pleasant.
This pump has some Pros and Cons for sure. It moves water very well. It runs very cool (I run 3 in the sump so this matters a lot). It keeps firing even when ridiculously dirty.

My original was NOT at all silent. I have had WiFi issues within corporate environments (5mhz networks).

The RFGs in my experience really cannot handle much flow at all. The suck air 2" under the water even at modest flow.

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I heard from David at Sicce today. He thinks that I have a bum controller. They are sending me a new one. Fingers crossed. He said that while set up is different than the Xstreams, it should be seamless and done in minutes.

I ordered additional modular segmented tubing (basically 1" loc line) from Vivid Aquatics. That should allow me to get those RFG's deeper and redirected to not blow holes in my sand. and suck air. Again.... fingers crossed. Vivid sent me a great diagram explaining how they need to be set up horizontally with one of the lines being vertical to work properly.

I'll let you know if this fixes the issue.

timry2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like this is Groundhog Day. I synced the SDC wavemakers in seconds. The pump feels like it os out of the Flintstones. No matter what I do, it drops me back to the first screen to configure the wifi. I did not have to do this with the wavemakers. I plug in all of the info and we're back to the beginning. Anyone run into this? It's beyond frustrating. I've reached out to Sicce but historically, they won't respond for several days. I need to move water.

PXL_20210622_104818049.jpg Screenshot_20210622-062241.png Screenshot_20210622-063756.png Screenshot_20210622-064056.png
I'm having the same problem with my 7.0. When I first set it up, it was flawless. I had a power outage and the pump just stop connecting, I've reset the wifii, reset the account and created a new account. I still cant get it to connect and no response from Sicce.

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having the same problem with my 7.0. When I first set it up, it was flawless. I had a power outage and the pump just stop connecting, I've reset the wifii, reset the account and created a new account. I still cant get it to connect and no response from Sicce.
I emailed

[email protected]

They responded from

[email protected]

It's been my experience that they always answer but it takes them several days. The longest was a week. I learned from that experience to email the Miami office - infous .....the other contact email goes to Italy. They asked me to bypass the controller and make sure the pump worked without it. It does - but it blasts my tank. If I could do it all over, I'd have bought a much smaller pump.

timry2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed

[email protected]

They responded from

[email protected]

It's been my experience that they always answer but it takes them several days. The longest was a week. I learned from that experience to email the Miami office - infous .....the other contact email goes to Italy. They asked me to bypass the controller and make sure the pump worked without it. It does - but it blasts my tank. If I could do it all over, I'd have bought a much smaller pump.
thanks for the email address, ill shoot them another line.

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any mention of 5Ghz vs. 2.4 GHz WiFi?
Nope. I sent him those pictures, David went right to a controller issue. Technically, Inkbird says they are not compatible with 5Ghz but that works fine. My other Sicce wifi wavemakers also work without issue, so I'm guessing that is not the obstacle.

Shawlyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. I sent him those pictures, David went right to a controller issue. Technically, Inkbird says they are not compatible with 5Ghz but that works fine. My other Sicce wifi wavemakers also work without issue, so I'm guessing that is not the obstacle.
I'm currently having almost an identical problem with my 9.0 pump. When I first installed the pump that is my.mixing staion pump the set up for wifi worked no problem was working for a few weeks when all of a sudden I lost wifi connection to the house maybe storm related but did not lose power clocks never reset on microwave stove ect. Might have been a power flicker im not exactly sure. So next day I open the app to transfer water from one jug to the next I can see the device it's still on the app it just says disconnected. However everything that is connected to my wifi has been reconnected and working just fine. I attempted to get it to connect with no luck. So I decided to delete the pump from.my devices on the app and reconfigure it back to get it to connect again. When I configure it to my wifi I never see it as an available device it just wont show up on my app. Im pretty sure it's connected I can see it through my att smart home.manager that it says it's connected to my SSD. I've tried deleting reinstalled app restarting wifi router/modem. Registered under my wife's email even tried downloading app on her phone and configure. Still nothing seems to work where I can see it on the app.. I've been in contact with Dave from sicce USA he sent out a new controller same exact problem I don't know what else to try. I've reset the wifi by pressing eco and pause to reset the wifi and keep trying dirrent approaches to reconnect pulled power I'm at a total loss at what to do

Screenshot_20210816-210932_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210816-210650_ContrAll.jpg Screenshot_20210816-210657_ContrAll.jpg

Last edited:

njoyreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had sim

I had similar issues on andriod. I tried it it iOS and it worked nicely. Then on andriod when I opened the app I could communicate.
I felt all aquarium IOT devices work well with iOS.

Jay Wilson- SICCE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

just started rocking the R2R and wanted to address this. You need to be on 2.4ghz if you should have any other issues I would love to help. [email protected]

timry2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After emailing sicce a second time they respond and apologized for the delay. They sent me a replacement pump immediately no questions asked. My pump was also pulling .95 amps. The new pump connected with no problems and is only drawing.45 amps under the same operating conditions.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back