Sick clown help please

symtex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my clown looks like he is peeling. Does anyone have an idea what this could be? I have another picasso and royal gramma both look fine and all 3 fish are acting normal and eating.

DSCF2132.jpg

DSCF2128.jpg

TulsaTye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what it is but a lfs had a tang that looked liked that and he put a couple cleaner shrimp with it and about 2 weeks later it was completely gone!

mainereefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if its scales are flaking it is brook if it is or not I would treat with formalin

laskopyre

Chuck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be brook or velvet, but brook is a fast killer. A freshwater dip for 5+ minutes would help.

Degener8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I vote brook also. Research up treatment for it. I would get him seperated to a hospital tank asap ans hopefully the others will be uneffectedthe good thing is he is still eating well..

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if it is brook, I dealt with that before. Formalin every other day until the fish is better then another treatment for good measure. I believe brook is fairly partial to clownfish so your other fish should be ok. This is one you will want to separate the fish into an empty bare bottom tank solely for observation during treatment. I used a ten gallon tank kit from wal mart and I put a rubber nem in there from wal mart too, but they did not care and seemed to hate it. I added the treatment straight to the ten gallon treatment tank and did not run any lighting. It got to the point where I thought my fish were going to die, but they came back.

OP
OP
S

symtex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly fish passed. I usually don't get to see my tank with lights on until the weekend, but I to a vac day. I have another picasso in the tank also should I remove him?

OP
OP
S

symtex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for last post. I took a vaca day today to work on my car and was in the process of setting up a hospital tank. I had only saw the fish in the mornings before I left for work and all were eating well and acting normal. Today was the first day I saw the slime on the clown.

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I typically vote against removal and quarantine because i feel it is stressful for the fish, but because this disease is so quick and fatal for clowns I would go ahead and treat the other one.

Degener8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I typically vote against removal and quarantine because i feel it is stressful for the fish, but because this disease is so quick and fatal for clowns I would go ahead and treat the other one.

I can definately agree that it is stressful but I would recommend using the tank water he is currently in to start the hospital tank. This will atleast lessen the amount of stress and I think i would definately treat the other fish since brook is such a nasty bugger.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back