Sick Clown Trigger

wettrally

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s about two inches long, and Petco gave me half off so I scooped him up. This is what I’ve observed so far. First he’s thin. Sunken in body under eyes, dorsal fin, and belly and overall skinny where there should be meat. Pretty sure I saw some white stringy, sausage link style poop come out, He moves around but it’s slow, his curiosity level is about a 4 or 5. He eats but not going crazy. I’ve got him in QT and dosed with microbe Herbalife. I’m about to order Prazi but I’m open to any suggestions. My saltwater experience is basically none. Should I be expecting this fish to survive even with treatment? He seems to be on the gentle side, at the store the damsels we’re giving him a hard time at feeding.

OP
OP
W

wettrally

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could this be ick? A couple spots are actually what looks like dead skin hanging off.

263472D3-2EE9-4AB0-8251-BF4CDD0BD41F.jpeg 46A6C6FE-2892-41BF-AC80-3E9792453FEB.jpeg

Mandarin Lovejoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you feeding? They like clam on shell, shrimp etc. Hit the grocery store seafood section up for exciting options.

One tooth may or may not be an issue, they grow and wear down on shells. Could have worn down/snapped and growing back.

Good water quality, good food options can go a long way. Seems active enough at the moment.

Meds....I kinda want to have the fish eating first. But you are the one seeing in person. If you think it needs it, and worth the depressed appetite.
If white poop continues with better eating, then you can deworm.

OP
OP
W

wettrally

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you feeding? They like clam on shell, shrimp etc. Hit the grocery store seafood section up for exciting options.

One tooth may or may not be an issue, they grow and wear down on shells. Could have worn down/snapped and growing back.

Good water quality, good food options can go a long way. Seems active enough at the moment.

Meds....I kinda want to have the fish eating first. But you are the one seeing in person. If you think it needs it, and worth the depressed appetite.
Currently trying to feed

This is what I’ve been trying to feed. Appetite isn’t really there. Quickly loses interest in the food if he even swims up to it at all. I just noticed white spots on his forehead. So maybe ich? And it almost like he had dead skin hanging off in a couple spots.

image.jpg image.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi ,i'm sorry i cannot,best wishes,experts will come:)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First he’s thin. Sunken in body under eyes, dorsal fin, and belly and overall skinny where there should be meat.
Not a great sign, but I have seen fish recover from this appearance.

Pretty sure I saw some white stringy, sausage link style poop come out, He moves around but it’s slow, his curiosity level is about a 4 or 5
White stringy poop is a sign of an intestinal irritation. This could be caused by starvation during transit, eating something it shouldn't have, or an internal parasite. I've taken on a "less is more" approach to treating fish with great luck so I try to wait a few days to see if it clears up on its own. It normally does, but if it doesn't the Prazipro, or General Cure (mix of Prazi and Metro) bound with focus should help.

He seems to be on the gentle side, at the store the damsels we’re giving him a hard time at feeding.
Not a great sign. Clown Triggers should be aggressive. Damsels are pretty mean themselves but his gentle showing is likely due to his weakened condition.

Could this be ick? A couple spots are actually what looks like dead skin hanging off.
It does look like it could be ich, but I can't be sure. Could what looks like dead skin hanging off actually be its mucus coating coming off? If so, that could be a more serious issue.

They love live food adult brine if you can get it small live fish small feeder shrimp anything moving will get him to eat
I think this is a great idea. Sometimes having a source of live food is needed to generate a feeding response in picky fish. As this as this guy is, it might be worth a try. Live amphipods would also be an option if you can get them.

OP
OP
W

wettrally

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He passed yesterday evening after dosing with prazi within 5 hours for the first time and i dosed the previous day with microbe herbtana sooooooo. I really wish I had put an air stone in there for him. Right before he died he was swimming around a little bit and I actually thought he was doing better

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He passed yesterday evening after dosing with prazi within 5 hours for the first time and i dosed the previous day with microbe herbtana sooooooo. I really wish I had put an air stone in there for him. Right before he died he was swimming around a little bit and I actually thought he was doing better
I am so sorry to hear that. Growing up we had a trigger in a FOWLR named Snarky such personality would literally jump up when you approached the tank and would follow your finger across the length of the tank

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So sorry for your loss friend...

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 63.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back