Sick clownfish??

Nhjmc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys/gals need help one of my clownfish has this white almost fuzzy looking stuff on its head. Been eating great acting normal. see pics below. So scared to treat my tank with any fish medicines thinking polylab medic way to go? Thank u!!

E2D25EDC-7EE2-412B-954C-4B94B4A23430.jpeg F43ACAD0-0840-4132-8910-86CA9F447324.jpeg

Eric1493

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like brooknyella to me. 90 min ruby reef rally dip or a 45 min formalin dip plus metronidazole in a qt is, to my knowledge, most effective. If you don't have formalin or ruby reef rally, do a 5 min FW dip, and transfer into a qt with metronidazole. If you can't get the other meds, do a 5 min FW dip daily.

OP
OP
Nhjmc

Nhjmc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi thank u!! I also just did a google search and looks to be that. My nitrates have been on high side I’ve done everything to get them down maybe that’s it? All my corals look great though. I don’t have any meds on hand but I can order right now i did order a qt tank yesterday should arrive any day. K five minute freshwater dip ASAP? I gotta get some rodi water heating now. Thank u so much! .

OP
OP
Nhjmc

Nhjmc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like brooknyella to me. 90 min ruby reef rally dip or a 45 min formalin dip plus metronidazole in a qt is, to my knowledge, most effective. If you don't have formalin or ruby reef rally, do a 5 min FW dip, and transfer into a qt with metronidazole. If you can't get the other meds, do a 5 min FW dip daily.
Would melafix work? Course in a qt and thank u again.

Eric1493

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi thank u!! I also just did a google search and looks to be that. My nitrates have been on high side I’ve done everything to get them down maybe that’s it? All my corals look great though. I don’t have any meds on hand but I can order right now i did order a qt tank yesterday should arrive any day. K five minute freshwater dip ASAP? I gotta get some rodi water heating now. Thank u so much! .
I would do the FW dip immediately.

Eric1493

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would melafix work? Course in a qt and thank u again.
I'm sorry, I don't think it would. I would try to get metroplex (metronidazole) and ruby reef rally as soon as possible. If you can't get the rally, doing multiple FW dips then transferring to the qt dosed with the metronidazole should be a lot better than nothing.

OP
OP
Nhjmc

Nhjmc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry, I don't think it would. I would try to get metroplex (metronidazole) and ruby reef rally as soon as possible. If you can't get the rally, doing multiple FW dips then transferring to the qt dosed with the metronidazole should be a lot better than nothing.
Just ordered RRR from chewy hopefully be here tomorrow if not then Wednesday. In meantime I’ll fw dip and quarantine. Thank u so much for the super fast replies!

OP
OP
Nhjmc

Nhjmc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the fw dip actually helped a lot. The white almost fuzzy patch gone. Got my RRR today nervous to dose tank researching online now does safe totally reef safe for fish corals and inverts. Anyone have any experience with Dosing RRR nano?

Eric1493

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the fw dip actually helped a lot. The white almost fuzzy patch gone. Got my RRR today nervous to dose tank researching online now does safe totally reef safe for fish corals and inverts. Anyone have any experience with Dosing RRR nano?
I wouldn’t dose it directly into a tank. it is best administered as a bath: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/brooklynella.247938/

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back