Sick clownfish?????

melissasminireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, so I just bought a pair of clownfish about 3 days ago and i am noticing some real odd behavior in their swimming. The female seems to be swimming VERY active in laps around the tank, she darts, and swims aggressively against the glass, twitches against the glass and even jumps at the water sometimes. She is not eating, has't ate but i thought that was just because I just bought her... now I'm thinking it can be related to some illness. The male is eating and also twitching against the glass. They will also randomly shake when they are swimming, it looks like they lose control and swim very erratically. I don't think this is pairing behavior... they don't really twitch/shake/jerk at eachother. It seems to be more on their own. All my corals are opened and seem happy... i have hammers, duncans, gonipora,zoas, xenia, and trumpet corals

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef,can you post video,pics,?that will help us help you,does sound like"clowns" but better safe than sorry :) 1 more ,are there any other fish in tank?

OP
OP
M

melissasminireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi welcome to the reef,can you post video,pics,?that will help us help you,does sound like"clowns" but better safe than sorry :) 1 more ,are there any other fish in tank?
Thank you for replying!!!! Umm i do have some videos where i captured it, i will post it right now, and they are the only ones in the tank.

OP
OP
M

melissasminireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4BCA544A-216F-423C-AC55-8B68D5B0B5E9.jpeg
9DCBD88E-1803-40C5-B99F-373BFC3BC4D3.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9862.MOV
    26.8 MB
  • IMG_9861.MOV
    62.9 MB

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi,they look healthy ,seems like normal clown behavior,look to be playing in flow at right side of tank,do look a little thin,normal not to eat a few days but normally not 4-5 ,try to get to eat ,tiny portions ,couple times a day,don't eat in day or two ,or see anything wrong with,come back here :) keep an eye on poop ,keep us posted:)

OP
OP
M

melissasminireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,they look healthy ,seems like normal clown behavior,look to be playing in flow at right side of tank,do look a little thin,normal not to eat a few days but normally not 4-5 ,try to get to eat ,tiny portions ,couple times a day,don't eat in day or two ,or see anything wrong with,come back here :) keep an eye on poop ,keep us posted:)
Thank you so much! I will definitely come back if the female still won’t eat.so far i tried life spectrum pellets, and nysis and she just spits it out

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
that's a good sign,at least willing to take,they will get hungry enough and eat ,just a tiny bit until they are eating,do not want too much uneaten food in tank :)

Anubisxii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns do this weird thing where they do this like weird shake twitchy thing with each other especially during acclimating to new ones they're essentially playing the game of who's going to be dominant and who's not. every time I look at my clowns I feel like something's wrong with them because they're doing something super weird but lo and behold they're just being clownfish

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back