Sick Clownfish

JakeJ39

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first Clownfish which I got a bit less than 2 months ago has been hovering behind a rock all day and breathing rapidly, just looking very stressed. I saw that he has a couple of small white spots near the top of his second stripe (picture below) and I’m guessing these are what’s making him act this way. Yesterday he was fine and has always been healthy. Water parameters are all fine and the other clownfish in my tank is acting normal. Anyone know what could be happening?
8F69C638-8D10-4784-ADD4-A1C41E688944.jpeg

Impala67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like it’s 100 percent ick move him into a QT tank stat last thing you need is an outbreak of that I would buy some ick treatment right away because that stuff is deadly. Buy ick treatment and slime coat for them that will help a lot!!!!

Uzidaisies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds more like flukes to me. A clearer picture may be necessary to really tell. I do believe the fish will need some form of treatment, or it will likely die in the relatively near future.

OP
OP
J

JakeJ39

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds more like flukes to me. A clearer picture may be necessary to really tell. I do believe the fish will need some form of treatment, or it will likely die in the relatively near future.
1633351236226.png

This is the best pic I've gotten

Uzidaisies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any other livestock? Fish, corals/other inverts? I can’t positively identify what you’ve got here, but these questions might be able to help someone more knowledgable than myself form a suggestion for treatment options.

OP
OP
J

JakeJ39

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any other livestock? Fish, corals/other inverts? I can’t positively identify what you’ve got here, but these questions might be able to help someone more knowledgable than myself form a suggestion for treatment options.
I've got one other clown with him, a green hammer coral, 3 trochus snails and a strombus snail all of which seem fine. water parameters are also normal.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back